Senior Sales Compensation System Analyst
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible,
usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with
people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the
best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to
our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each
other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can
become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth company. We are
looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to help support
the business, Sales Compensation, and Sales Operation teams. This
analyst role will be responsible for managing the incentive
compensation system's testing and responding to reporting requests
from various teams. You will collaborate with various functions
across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure
the Sales Compensation function's efficient and timely
Splunk is looking for a meticulous and motivated individual with
experience implementing or administering enterprise-level incentive
compensation systems and/or extensive reporting/analytics
experience. The perfect candidate should have excellent
problem-solving skills, work independently and in a team setting,
demonstrate strong organizational skills, and the aptitude to
multitask & prioritize workload to meet critical timelines and
thrive in a highly driven environment.
This position will report to the Sales Compensation System and
Reporting Manager within the Accounting team.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of Xactly Incent, the
commission systems, including running processes required for the
monthly commission run, responding to system-related inquiries from
the various functional groups, and working with IT to troubleshoot
any system-related issues.
- Provide support to the Sales Comp team with any system-related
questions or requests.
- Support and work with the Sales Compensation Operation and
Sales Ops team on the full cycle of the sales compensation process
on changes and updates throughout the year.
- Work closely with BSA and Xactly support to address system
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis for
SOX commission process and testing.
- Help develop & improve documentation and support strong
- Promote a culture of learning and development as it relates to
the Sales Compensation System.
- Continually evaluate our incentive compensation processes with
an eye toward scalability, streamline, automation, efficiency
gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Provide world-class customer service to our Sales organization
and internal customers
User Acceptance Testing
- Help with the commission system configuration year-over-year
changes and UAT testing, including creating test scripts and
- Manage the testing of any system changes or enhancements to the
commission system before rolling them out to the production
Reporting / Analytics
- Create and implement robust Sales Comp Reporting and Analytics
as a tool to assist Sales Leadership in managing the business and
making data-driven decisions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports that
provide sales performance and/or incentive results to various
functional teams within the organization.
- Work with both Sales Compensation and Sales Ops team to define,
create, modify, and execute accurate reporting using Xactly
Analytics, Xactly Connect, Tableau, Snowflake, and/or similar
- Support ad hoc projects and report requests as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Technology System
Administrator or related field of study, preferably with a strong
Years of Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of sales compensation administration experience or
- 2+ years reporting / analytics experience.
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of sales
compensation process and analysis.
- Experience with Xactly Incent or a similar incentive
compensation management application.
- Data Analysis and Reporting experience required.
- Advanced MS Excel experience, including advanced functions
(e.g., vlookups), is required.
- Knowledge of Xactly Connect functionality and Xactly Analytics
reporting module is preferred.
- Experience with Data Management (e.g., Informatica, Mulesoft),
Business Intelligence or Data Visualization (e.g., Tableau) tools
- Python, SQL experience preferred
- Solid experience working with systems, process improvements,
- Experience developing testing scripts and conducting User
Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience working in an agile environment is preferred.
- Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Snowflake, Tableau experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and process
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and meet
timelines under pressure;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize and be highly
- Capacity to work closely and cross-functionally with all
- High motivation with tolerance for tight schedules;
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the
ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers,
cross-functional teams, and business partners;
- Strong customer service skills with a readiness to take on
challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment; and
- Strong work ethic.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Senior Sales Compensation System Analyst, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!