Business Training & Dev Specialist
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
Developers and technical experts are crucial to the integration
of PayPal products and therefore the revenue generated through
these products. Global Professional Services organization is
focused on creating programs and resources that enable internal and
external developers to build seamless and secure checkout
experiences that are optimized for conversion.
We are seeking a Business Training & Development Specialist
supporting PayPal's Global Professional Services organization in
the key areas of new hire onboarding, training and development,
including building experiential training programs such as shadowing
and buddy programs.
- Lead new hire onboarding, training and development, including
building and managing experiential training programs such as
shadowing and buddy programs.
- Design and build training materials for developers,
solution/sales engineers, integration engineers, technical account
managers and merchant support engineers.
- Develop communications programs for training initiatives to
generate employee awareness and engagement.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by SMEs,
integration and support staff.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes
in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction.
- Provide diagrams, charts, mockups to illustrate material.
- Study specifications, mockups and product material to integrate
and delineate best technology to provide content.
- Confer with Product and GPS SMEs and other merchant-facing
representatives to establish training requirements and to determine
subject material to be developed for publication.
- Interview GPS, Product & Engineering, Sales teams and leaders,
read other produced content and other material to become familiar
with product technologies.
- 7-10+ years of experience in a Business Training, Comms,
Instructional Design role or similar.
- Undergrad or advanced degree in communications, education,
instructional design or related field (or technical field).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to organize work independently and drive
- Ability to create roadmaps, timelines and major milestones to
outline execution plans.
- Ability to understand the language of developers and translate
that understanding into a coherent on-demand/eLearning experience
for other developers, solution/sales engineers, integration
engineers, technical account managers and merchant support
- Proven stakeholder management skills - including managing
multiple partners simultaneously.
- Instructional Design software (e.g., WorkRamp, Trailhead,
MindTickle, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Microsoft Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams,
- Experience with Seismic, Confluence, Sharepoint is preferred,
but not mandatory.
- Payments experience preferred.
- Experience training on/building content to support web
development, APIs, SDKs, etc. highly desired.
- Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
Audio/video production experience desired.
- Instructional Design/Training/Comms experience desired in one
of the following areas: documentation of systems or programs,
training manuals, installation guides, methods and procedures
manuals, and articles regarding technical subject matter, e.g.,
products, systems, and facilities for technical newsletters or
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Austin, San Francisco-Xoom, San Jose
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Business Training & Dev Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!