Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence (Remote Available)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are looking for a Product Manager with a focus on Competitive
Intelligence (CI) who will help to drive Splunk's competitive
intelligence across our Security product portfolio.
This individual will be expected to have a true passion for and
deep understanding of the highly dynamic competitive landscape
within the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM),
Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR), and User
and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market spaces. This individual
will be a strategic and tactical thinker and contributor who will
help improve product roadmaps, product positioning, and sales
effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this
individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and
opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as
management on recommendations for improving technologies and new
We see this position as being the go-to-expert on key
competitors which will influence decision making and ultimately
improve our competitiveness in the market.
You will join an existing team, reporting into the Product
organization and work closely with our Field Sales and Product
Marketing teams, among others, to position Splunk's products
against our competitors in the marketplace.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep
technical knowledge of the Security market, focused on specific
competitors and their offerings; becoming the 'go-to-expert' for
those vendors, including SIEM, SOAR, and UEBA products.
- You will provide data-driven, impactful, and unbiased insights
on Splunk's true competitive position based on primary and
secondary research to increase Splunk's competitiveness
- You will track and report on major competitive announcements
and build awareness of competitive dynamics including
identification of emerging competitive threats and market
- You will ensure that current, accurate and relevant competitive
intelligence is easily accessible to Splunkers, through
battlecards, feature comparison matrices, and other
- You will conduct hands-on product evaluations to assess the
strengths and weaknesses of Splunk's products against opposing
- You will synthesize findings and support multiple teams,
Product Marketing, Sales, SE, etc., with content, communications
and positioning as well as product launch strategies derived from
- You will facilitate win/loss analysis and assume onus for the
analysis and feedback process from the field back to the product
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 1-3+ years of related experience (e.g., Product Management,
Competitive Intelligence, Sales Engineering, Product/Technical
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise-grade Security
solutions and understanding of the needs of Security buyers
- A curiosity to learn new technologies, an ability to
self-start, and the discipline to prioritize while multi-tasking in
a fast-paced environment will make you successful in this role
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience and/or knowledge of enterprise-grade Security
products; SIEM, SOAR, UEBA, or log management preferred
- Experience working directly with Field Sales, Sales
Engineering, Product Marketing, and Product Management teams
- Experience and/or knowledge of Splunk Security products
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Management
Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent years
of industry experience.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence (Remote Available), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!