Company: New York Life
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that
values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and
diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being
part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing.
Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career
while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career
Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in
virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is
affiliated with one of our General Offices. These offices are
operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and
management recruiting, development, and sales. Some agents operate
their businesses out of our General Offices, while others maintain
independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition
to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for
strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing
and communications supports our agents and field managers. The
Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our
business in key market segments, including the middle-income
market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural
markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life
insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance
products, as well as mutual funds.
- Drive, monitor and support New Org Agent retention and
- Properly implement NYLIC University's Blended Learning
Curriculum and Critical Selling Skills Systems. This includes
notifying Agents of course deadlines and virtual session offerings
as well as preparation for the facilitated delivery of Group
Instruction and Drill (GID) sessions / Skill Builders.
- Understand NYLIC University Online. This includes system
navigation for both Development Manager and Agent users, assigning
scheduled offerings, assessment review and tracking and curriculum
and regulated course reporting.
- Understand and remain current with NYL Central implementation.
Assure Agents are aware of and continuously trained to leverage new
system features and functionalities upon release (specific to Sales
Central and Marketing Central at this time).
- Build partnerships with the General Office (GO) Field
Management Team to assure the Field Development System (FDS) is
implemented and executed effectively. This includes conducting and
scheduling Field Observation and Demonstration (FOD) sessions with
Agents (to assist with case preparation and the presenting/closing
of sales), Agent Development Planning Meetings with the Field
Management Team in addition to supporting Monthly and Annual Plan
- Lead National Prospecting Week efforts at the GO level to
assure Agent prospecting activities are scheduled, planned and
- Channel, drive and promote sales initiatives and incentives
with Agents, GO Field Management Teams and the Zone. Develop a
solid knowledge-base of NYLIC products.
- Work with the Managing Partner to ensure the complete and
proper implementation of the FDS system in the General Office. This
includes conducting Performance Review and Planning sessions with
agents, conducting Agent Development Planning meetings with
Partners and Managing Partners, assisting with Monthly Planning
Meetings, and Annual Planning meetings.
- Effectively train agents to gather names through prospecting
process of referrals, social media mining, networking, community
events, and center of influence development.
- Effective with technology to enable training and support in
- Persuasive, Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Performance Management
- Facilitating Groups
- Developing, Empowering and Influencing Others
- Providing Motivational Support
- Goal, Impact and Result Oriented
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Leading Change
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Strategizing
- Ability to mentor other DMs
- Demonstration of effective FOD and IDD
- Can lead one on one Development Conversations with
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two-time Council qualifier with a solid Life Case Rate
(specific to internal applicants) or Previous PF2 experience
- Valid State Life and Health Licenses
- FINRA Registrations- Series 6 & 63
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies,
New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a
culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our
Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life,
so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At
Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the
Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83514
Keywords: New York Life, San Jose , Development Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!