Bay Area Regional Facilities Manager
Company: Cushman & Wakefield Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Bay Area Regional Facilities Manager
Job Description Summary
This position has managerial oversight of a portfolio of client
facilities located in the Bay Area and has at least two Facilities
Managers reporting into it. The Regional Facilities Manager has the
overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of
policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed,
well-maintained buildings and facilities, placing maximum emphasis
on leading a staff in the positive response to the concerns and
needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality
programs, in coordination and conjunction with the goals and
objectives of the client. The position is the primary liaison with
the client and leads staff in the coordination of services and
activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current
and future needs of the building and operations. The Regional
Facilities Manager also has responsibility for the overall
financial and KPI performance of the business plan within the
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure that a Strategic Management Plan has been developed for
each site and that the Facility Manager(s), on-site staff, vendors
and contractors are referencing that plan in carrying out the
day-to-day operations of each site and ensuring that all operations
are in compliance with the goals of the Strategic Management Plan,
that they are in compliance with Cushman & Wakefield policies and
procedures, with Client policies and procedures, and with the terms
of the Management Service Agreement (MSA).
- Be familiar with Cushman & Wakefield and Client policies and
procedures as they relate to this assignment, along with the terms
of the MSA.
- Ensure that Annual Budgets, Quarterly Reforecasts of the
Budget, Monthly Management Reports, Supplier Business Reviews, and
Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Reports are
developed for each site.
- Ensure that all site-specific documentation and reports are
completed accurately and on time, including: Property Information
Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, Local
Code Compliance Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial
Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, Incident
Report Log, Invoice File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual
Property Conditions Report and Year-end Performance Report, and
other logs and reports as required by local, regional, and national
- Ensure compliance with all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Conduct formal site inspections on a regular quarterly basis
(for smaller, more remote sites, annual site visits, or more
frequently as practicality dictates) in compliance with established
standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with clients and
client representatives, ensuring that all services and needs are
being met satisfactorily within the parameters established by
Client management. Conduct periodic visits, inspections, and
surveys to determine client satisfaction.
- Work with Client and Cushman & Wakefield facility managers to
establish goals and objectives with timetables, both for projects
and for subordinates supervised.
- Assume responsibility for the hiring, training, development,
supervision, and motivation for the key facility management
positions reporting to you, and provide oversight for the filling
and development of administrative, engineering, and technical
- Ensure regulatory compliance and effective management of risk
and liability for both Cushman & Wakefield and Client.
- Ascertain that service desk calls are followed up on in a
timely and satisfactory basis in accordance with established
- Oversee the letting of contracts and their administration,
including developing specifications, preparing bid packages,
conducting bid tours, evaluating proposals and selecting
- Monitor service contracts and contract summary reports for each
- Oversee completion of tenant and capital improvements
consistent with local codes and building standards to ensure timely
completion, on budget, and client satisfaction.
- Oversee all aspects of purchasing and expenditures processing.
Ensure that all invoices are properly coded and paid on time.
- Keep current of developments in commercial real estate market
affecting current or potential value of asset and report to client
representatives as appropriate.
- Actively search for areas for improvement and make
recommendations and implement where appropriate.
- Support and provide the leadership necessary to achieve Cushman
& Wakefield's Asset Services Vision, Mission and Values in the
day-to-day conduct of business. Establish, exemplify, and maintain
a standard of professionalism that projects the highest values to
the client, vendors, and fellow employees at all times.
Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Bachelors' degree in Facilities Management, Corporate Real
Estate, Project Management or Business Administration
- Minimum of 8-10 years of facility management experience with at
least 3 years at the level of Senior Facility Manager
- Experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets
of property operation and building management
- Experience with human resource and performance management
- Experience with critical system environments preferred
- CMMS/Work Order Management experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM), International Facilities
Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers
Association (BOMA) industry certifications recommended; other
Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications
- Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications,
blueprints, and single line diagrams
- Skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge; Strong literacy in
Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong discipline of financial management including financial
tracking, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be
required to travel outside between properties in varying weather
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate
information; operate a computer and other office productivity
machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary
position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield Inc, San Jose , Bay Area Regional Facilities Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!