Sr Data Scientist
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest
minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the
way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our
relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by
our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three
values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to
discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and
grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it
an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Job ID: 1081980 Date Posted: 6/1/2021 Primary Location: San
Jose, California Other Locations: Teleworker, California, United
States of America; Teleworker, Washington, United States of America
Job Category: Engineering Schedule: Full time Shift: No shift
premium (United States of America)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology
company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the
industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the
data center to workplace applications, our technology and services
help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more
productive and more secure.
- We are currently looking for a Sr Data Scientist to join our
growing Infosight Data Science team. As part of the Infosight team
at HPE, you will work on cutting-edge projects, with high
- InfoSight collects hundreds of terabytes of operational and
diagnostic telemetry from our customers, which enables us to help
them get the most out of their IT infrastructure. We are looking
for an enthusiastic data scientist with an interest in deriving
actionable insights from this ever-growing telemetry dataset. You
will work closely with our data science, engineering, customer
support and product management teams on a variety of analytics
projects including but not limited to large-scale product
diagnostics and studies to determine the prioritization of new
- If you have the relevant experience, have a passion for
applying machine learning technology in real life use cases and
enjoy working in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment, then
HPE is the place for you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or pattern in complex
data sets, including telemetry from storage arrays and other IT
infrastructure components; Carefully scrutinize all analyses for
possible bias, error, or uncertainty
- Design, develop, and deliver machine learning/AI models that
help make predictions and recommendations.
- Use advanced machine learning techniques to predict or alert in
case of failures and recommend actions that can mitigate or resolve
- Develop working prototypes of algorithms and evaluate using
real-world data sets
- Communicate findings effectively and succinctly to technical
and non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics,
Mathematics or relevant areas.
- 3+ years of experience working in the machine learning
- Proven expertise in building and deploying large scale models
- Aptitude for writing complex SQL queries and scripting in
Python, Bash, R, Perl, or similar.
- Knowledge with large data sets, distributed computing tools
(Spark, Scala), and basic understanding of systems
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to
work with cross-functional teams.
- Phd degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or
- Full stack ML model development experience
- Experience working on AIOps platform software.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as Pytorch,
- Experience working with cloud environments desirable
What We Can Offer You:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in
the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise
one of the worlds most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to
provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and
constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and
international work environment, then we definitely want to hear
from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or
directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, San Jose , Sr Data Scientist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!