M&A Cloud Architect
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Enterprise Architecture team is seeking a Sr. MTS M&A
Integration Architect to perform technical due diligence &
integration activities for PayPal's current and future investments
and acquisitions. This role will also collaborate with teams across
PayPal and acquired companies to socialize, validate, refine and
execute technical integration plans.
As a Senior MTS M&A Integration Architect on our team, you
will play a critical role in performing technical discovery and
assessments of systems to evaluate a potential acquiree's
capabilities, availability, scalability, and suitability for
business needs and act as a representative and ambassador for
PayPal in technical discussions with potential acquirees. You will
document and present findings and make recommendations on the
technical merits of a potential acquisition to leadership up to and
including the senior executive level. You will also work across
teams to develop an initial proposal for product and technology
integration including providing architectural guidance in
end-to-end efforts to execute the integration plan.
The ideal candidate will prefer to have no direct reports, being
passionate to focus on very hard and deep technical problems while
collaborating with many teams to move big rocks forward. The
candidate will be expected to lead others through influence,
providing guidance and mentoring as needed, making the whole team
better through experience, knowledge and technical talent, making
the entire organization more capable of successfully completing
investments and acquisitions projects with higher technical
Finally, the ideal candidate has a proven record of leading
efforts to solve large, complex problems. They balance competing
technical and product requirements, level up the engineers around
them, identify and communicate effectively with all stakeholders,
and consider both immediate tactical needs and long-term strategic
- Lead the technical discovery and assessments of systems to
evaluate a potential acquiree's capabilities, availability,
scalability, and suitability for business needs
- Act as a representative and ambassador for PayPal in technical
discussions with potential acquirees
- Document and present findings and make recommendations on the
technical merits of a potential acquisition to leadership up to and
including the senior executive level
- Work across teams to develop an initial proposal for product
and technology integration, including budgeting and timelines, for
customer-facing, backoffice, and employee functionality
- Coordinate with teams across PayPal and acquired companies to
socialize, validate, and refine integration plans
- Lead the end-to-end efforts to execute the integration plan,
working with and through functional teams to prioritize and deliver
- Maintain and update the M&A technical integration
Skillset and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or
- 10+ years architecting and designing or integrating
- Track record of leading, developing, and delivering significant
- Highly proficient in designing, integrating and troubleshooting
large scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrable experience in managing cloud based large-scale
infrastructure. Experience with building solutions on the Cloud
(ideally GCP and AWS). Experience designing and building systems
with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrable experience building complex customer facing
platforms, inclusive of complex APIs and other aspects of developer
experiences (sandbox, playgrounds, simulators, etc.).
- Demonstrable and in-depth experience with Java stack is very
- Established experience with security/monitoring/logging tools
and best practices.
- Experience in software release lifecycle with modern
distributed version control (e.g. git).
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including Extreme
Programming practices like Iterative Development, Continuous
Integration (and Deployment) and Test-Driven Development.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communicator, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and delivery.
- AWS Professional Architect Certification a plus.
- Good judgment
- Highly analytical
- Highly organized
- Strong personal values, i.e., personal integrity and acting in
- Approach problems with humility, rigor, and decisiveness.
- Navigate ambiguous situations successfully
- Demonstrate a high emotional quotient and empathy for your
colleagues, creating psychological safety while tackling tough
problems and navigating conflicts
- Identify and solicit input from all stakeholders, balancing
competing needs and distilling a coherent strategy
- Lead by meeting people where they are at and building bridges
to where you need them to go
- Emphasize iterative progress, risk management, and delivering
- Leave the campsite cleaner and people stronger
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , M&A Cloud Architect, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!