Senior Payroll Analyst
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We're re-inventing the way the world watches TV
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set
our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku
pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV
streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We
connect consumers to the content they love, enable content
publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide
advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued
- contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is
a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV
streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across
About the role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and
lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the
future of television - including TV advertising - around the world,
continued success relies on our investment in our internal
What you'll be doing
- Serve as Payroll technical lead for Workday functional areas
(i.e. Payroll, Time & Absence, LOA, etc.).
- SME for all aspects of Workday pay cycle to effectively;
assist with testing end-to-end functionalityParticipate in
development, improvement and execution of inbound and outbound
- Partner with teams on Workday projects from requirements
gathering to implementation, execution and ongoing
- Participate in upgrades to the Workday system, assess impact
and develop test processes that impact payroll execution
- Develop and maintain training documentation and recommend and
implement process improvements across all payroll related
- Assist working with third party payroll providers to ensure
that all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings execute
- Perform and review assigned monthly payroll related close
- Perform complex analysis of payroll issues and determine root
cause and implement reasonalbe solutions.
- Assist with external and internal audits.
- Assist with month-end close, ad hoc projects, and support
execution of payroll as needed.
We're excited if you have
- Minimum 5-7 Years of payroll experience primarily in Workday
and Minimum 3 years as Test support.
- Minimum 2-3 Years of payroll experience with ADP WorkForce
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other related field or a
comparable combination of formal education and work
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Workday functional integration testing experience with external
interfaces (ADP, benefit providers, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of current payroll tax laws and
regulations, including multi-states, local, and federal tax law
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; able to manage
multiple priorities; effective verbal and written communication
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a
fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's
success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with
people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and
who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We
believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less
cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent
thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish
extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at
Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of
ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part
idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real
until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for
action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has
served us well since 2002.
Keywords: Roku, San Jose , Senior Payroll Analyst, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!