Manager, Strategic Finance
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
The Strategic Finance team works on providing strategic and
financial insight to cutting edge financial innovation happening at
PayPal. The team leads financial planning on critical partnerships
and product launches for the company. We support senior executives
in finance, product, sales, business development, strategy, and
core payments to understand long-term and short-term impact of
strategic initiatives. Successful candidates will offer a strategic
perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities,
and a collaborative working style. Key to success in this role is
to be an individual contributor with the ability to juggle multiple
projects at the same time working with a high caliber team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in
Fintech to learn about the changing landscape of financial services
& payments technology - mobile, in-store, credit, consumer
financial services, financial inclusion, cross-border, blockchain &
- Carry out market scan and deep-dive analyses to identify
potential opportunities (e.g., white space review, vertical
analysis, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Size opportunity along with customer segments & use case
mapping for partnerships and product strategies.
- Own the end-to-end construction of the financial model for
these strategies, keeping in mind the prioritization & sequencing
- Leverage subject-matter-experts across the organization to
build and refine business cases.
- Identify high-level investments required including product
development, marketing & other costs to evaluate P&L
- Support the preparation of materials for leadership discussions
to evaluate initiatives.
- Contribute to other aspects of Strategic Finance, as directed
by team leadership.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant finance, corporate development /
strategy, banking / consulting, or pricing strategy
- An understanding of payments product & technology is preferred
and will go a long way in the success of this role.
- Superior analytical capabilities with deep understanding of how
a business operates.
- Strong experience building and maintaining complex financial
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in
ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via
- Versatile. Ability to navigate a complex & matrixed corporate
environment while juggling multiple responsibilities. A positive,
can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Highly dependable, with ability to drive things to conclusion
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant &
fun to work with.
- MBA, Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or
Computer Science preferred
San Jose, California, United States of America
Chicago, New York, San Francisco-Xoom
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Manager, Strategic Finance, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!