United States of America - California, Oakland
AECOM is seeking a Senior Process Engineer-Wastewater to be
based in any of our offices within Northern California such as
Oakland, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; or Sacramento,
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for
everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights
on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our
work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative,
iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the
world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events,
the largest greenfield port development mega project,
life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest
tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water,
governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional
services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
* #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News
Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
* Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's
Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
The ideal candidate is a leader in wastewater process
engineering with a primary focus on water.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not
* Marketing - Prepares marketing plans, identifies
opportunities, assists with preparation of proposals, and attends
* Technical - Prepares/reviews calculations, design criteria,
technical memorandums, research, and attends meetings to discuss
and present findings/recommendations to clients. Prepares contract
documents: plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules.
Provides construction support to clients.
* Project Development - Supports clients through the full
project lifecycle: planning/design/construction/operations.
Prepares facility evaluations, alternative analysis, cost
estimates, drawings, specifications, bid and construction
* Project Management - Maintains project budget and schedule.
Manages multi-disciplined project teams and sub-consultants.
* The candidate should be self-sufficient throughout the
industry, have existing contacts for technical assistance and be
able to develop new contacts as needed on projects.
* The candidate should stay abreast of technical advancements
and how we can become industry leaders, and then determine how this
may benefit clients.
* Assignments are located mainly in the Pacific Region of North
America, but worldwide opportunities are available.
* Pipelines, pump stations, water resources, water treatment,
wastewater treatment, collections, storage, conveyance,
distribution, hydraulics, hydrology, groundwater, reclaimed water,
storm water, modeling, planning, design, operations and
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
* Ten (10) years or more of related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
* Licensed Professional Engineer and/or Mechanical Engineer in
the State of California
* Exceptional technical skills in science and engineering,
excellent communications skills, outstanding client service and
project management capabilities.
* Industry leadership - CWEA, WEF, etc.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in
some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs
of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the
built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace
that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a
company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company
leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what
we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better
world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood,
community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we
believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach
Job Category Engineering - Water - Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243916BR
Additional Locations US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St, US - San
Francisco, CA - 300 California Street, US - San Jose, CA - 100 W
San Fernando Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected