Supply Chain Global Planning Business Architect
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Cisco's Supply Chain organization is beginning a journey to
migrate many of our processes and platforms to a cloud environment.
We are looking for creative and passionate people to join the
Supply Chain transformation community to accelerate our pace of
innovation, increase the value our systems deliver to the business,
and to transform our business models for the future. We will do
this by using your energy, experience, and collaboration skills to
work within your team as well as with external teams to drive and
expand our excellence in the industry.
You would be working with the company that has the #1 supply
chain in the world (Gartner) with its growth, strength in
environment, social and corporate governance, and recognition of
leadership in community. Additionally, Cisco has an unparalleled
culture and year after year is ranked world's #1 best place to work
according to www.greatplacetowork.com. No matter how you look at
it, Cisco is an exceptional place to grow your career and make a
What You'll Do
In this role, you will be working within the Global Planning
Organization to drive new capabilities, new business models, and
new business processes to ensure Cisco's supply chain remains
number one. You will work with other supply chain functions to plan
and deliver collective business objectives. Opportunities to work
with test teams, your IT counterparts, and other functions will be
prevalent in your day-to-day work as well as documenting and
validating business processes.
Collaboration and teamwork, communication, and your ability to
influence teams will be your tools of success to plan out the
future capabilities needed for your organization.
Your main tasks will include understanding business outcomes and
translating them into detailed technical requirements, document
as-is and to-be processes, partnering with technical resources to
build digital solutions, and performing user acceptance testing. To
succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of
thinking and the ability to explain difficult concepts to
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with your internal and external partners to capture,
validate, and maintain business flows with Visio or other process
- Own and drive roadmap of capabilities in your domain that
progress the objectives of your organization.
- Applying business architecture practice to identify operational
capabilities, business processes, fit/gap requirements and perform
assessments based on the need of business strategy and business
- Engage and collaborate with other organizations to ensure your
capabilities and roadmap are shared, agreed upon, and have a
holistic benefit to Cisco and not just an isolated benefit.
- Communicate with the supply chain teams and leadership on
metrics, critical achievements, and deployed benefits.
- Drive insights by creating connecting data models for various
business models and processes.
- Manage Supply Chain Architecture framework and engage with
Enterprise Architecture team to represent Supply Chain
- Understand the breadth of tools and the respective users to
better represent their requirements.
- Drive and manage multi-functional forums, agendas, minutes, and
action follow ups.
- Develop new processes with SharePoint, Tableau, and other
business process technologies.
On a Day-to-Day Basis:
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze their
business needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Solve product/process issues related problems as they
- Setup and facilitate meetings to drive solutions to issues or
- Complete trade-off analysis and/or cost benefit analysis to
support decision making among relevant teams.
- Document and share processes with business owners and business
- Represent team in front of partners, clients, or users.
Who You'll Work With?
We are building a best-in-class team of hardworking and
results-oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better
data centric decisions and thereby building impactful business
results. You will be working directly with the leaders of Global
Planning to understand the business strategy and business outcomes
required. In addition, you will also be working with other Supply
Chain functions such as supplier management, IT, quality, planning,
and other central teams to implement and realize those outcomes.
You will be working with other leaders, architects, and engineers
while being surrounded by a fast paced, innovative, and passionate
organization that is empowered to keep Cisco on the leading edge of
the supply chain industry.
Who You Are
- Creative and strategic
- Results oriented
- Motivation to perform and succeed
- High-energy, robust, and resilient
- Analytical and driven by data, insight, and understanding
- Able to motivate, influence, and empower others irrespective of
- Collaborative, direct, and open in approach
- Organizational and time management skills.
- High mental agility
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study and 3 - 5 years
equivalent work experience in Supply Chain domain.
- 7+ years business analysis/architecture experience.
- 7+ years in supply chain systems, ERPs, systems integration and
- Expert documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving
- Competency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint,
Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to define a product roadmap.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable
communicating findings to executive level audience.
- Solid ability to facilitate and drive meetings ranging from
small to large size audiences (5 to 20 people) and to manage
conflict within group.
- Be comfortable in an individual, self driven role, as well as
in a team environment.
- Must possess strong problem solving and critical thinking
abilities, to assess complex problems, analyze options and navigate
diverse perspectives and objectives.
- Master's Degree in appropriate field of study and 5 - 7 years
equivalent work experience in field of Supply Chain.
- 7+ years business analysis/architecture and/or operations
- Story telling abilities using data are a strong plus.
- Industry knowledge of capabilities within supply chain
technologies including ERP, SaaS, and cloud offerings.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our
talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years
strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software
company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An
AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network
that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do
what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we
give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps,
and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of
thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your
ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., San Jose , Supply Chain Global Planning Business Architect, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!