Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that
simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial
operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the
Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to
process payments. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software
platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers
and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company
partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions,
the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular
accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose,
California and Houston, Texas.
Reporting to the Engineering Head of Card Payments, you will
provide technical and managerial leadership to one of the
engineering teams that are responsible for our card payments and
new payment technologies.
- Lead a team of 4-8 engineers responsible for card payment
- Deliver new end-to-end capabilities that consist of
customer-facing UI and underlying platform services.
- Work with architects, product managers and other engineering
managers to deliver capabilities on a monthly sprint cadence.
- Develop your engineers through coaching, mentoring and
- Work with Talent Acquisition to hire engineers and interns as
you scale the team. Participate in university recruiting and other
- Maintain high standards for operational excellence and
engineering rigor through unit tests, functional tests and
- Serve as the scrum master for your team's deliverables and take
ownership from design through development and production
- Review plans and code and provide technical guidance to your
- Present plans, progress and outcomes at monthly reviews and
- BS Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8 years overall experience with at least 2 years in a
management role and previous experience as a software
- Experience leading teams with 5+ engineers in a SaaS
- Experience with card payment technologies, such as card issuing
, card processing or payment gateways
- Track record for delivering product features and services with
high quality with multiple production deliveries per month.
- Experience working with development, QA, program management and
product management in an agile scrum model.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and confidence
presenting in group settings.
- Experience building PCI Level 1 complaint solutions is
Learn the Bill.com product and business domain.Learn the current
technology direction and platform infrastructure. Work with the
team to understand our existing framework, stack and API's.Assume
scrum-master responsibilities for your team's deliverables. Work
across Engineering to ensure successful deliveries to
production.Cultivate an active hiring pipeline and hire your first
Develop a technology infrastructure roadmap (to support business
objectives) that modernizes our tech stack and provides scale,
performance and opportunities for our engineers to do the best work
of their lives. Actively partner with product management and
engineering leaders to influence feature definition and
implementation - contribute to discussions on trade-offs and
scopingTechnology driven innovation - provide innovative solutions
to business problems.
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote
without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran
status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic
information or any other classification protected by state or
Humble - No ego
Fun - Celebrate the moments
Authentic - We are who we are
Passionate - Love what you do
Dedicated - To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the
personal information it receives from applicants.