Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
The Compliance team is responsible for the design, development,
and support of Compliance APIs and Case management systems that are
integrated with key strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale
across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte-plus
data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet
providing high availability and configurability to the business. In
PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems
that require high availability to our business. To achieve this we
are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying
those back to business needs.
We are always looking for strong technologists who are
passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering
problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build
strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along
with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.
- Solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and
intelligence to understand the business.
- 10+ years of solid server-side development with Java.
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms.
- Passion for developing robust, scalable software systems.
- Highly motivated, goal driven, Can-do approach.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to
- Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare
- Hands on experience with common open-source and Java EE
- Experience with REST API's, Web Services, Unit Testing, Java
- Experience with Spring or any web MVC frameworks
Nice to have:
- Experience working on front end technologies like REACT/REDUX,
- Experience with Java script
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC/ORM, JMS, App servers / Servlet containers,
- Experience working in agile methodology.
- Experience working on Big Data platform.
- Good communication skill to global business and technical
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com.