Inventory Control Manager
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe
in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your
spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying
the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company;
we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide
California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest
cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves
in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and
positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency,
transparency, and accessibility as Caliva's brick and mortar retail
footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing
rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for product
lifecycle at Caliva. This includes Receiving, Organization, and
maintaining Inventory Accuracy, Health and Stock-optimization at a
Caliva location. The job requires understanding different
categories of finished goods as well as cannabis materials used in
the finished goods. With a thorough understanding and application
of inventory audit and cycle count techniques, you are responsible
for ensuring correct quantities are present in internal systems.
You will be familiar with product distribution techniques using 3rd
party logistics, dispatching techniques and routing of internal and
What You'll Do
- Product Receiving, Put away, Organization, Replenishment and
upkeep of inventory as per the Company policies and operating
- Oversee and report cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and
locations using ERP, WMS type of systems.
- Review and audit Inventory Logs to process cycle counts, review
on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Supervise the Inventory Control team to conduct daily duties as
- Resolve discrepancies in inventory submitted through corrective
- Responsible for the organization of inventory by ensuring
material/product is in the correct location; conduct search to
locate misclassified inventory. Understand the applications of the
materials used (Oils, Distillates, Flower, Trim,).
- Comply with company policies and procedures regarding inventory
- Ability to use the company information systems at
advanced/expert levels - perform reporting, data analysis, making
process and operating decisions using data
- High proficiency in Excel to analyze reports, create required
cross-sections, develop v-look up tables
- Articulate operating processes and have the mindset to improve
- Understand formal Inventory Management and Distribution
Techniques and Optimization Methodologies
- Drives positive employee relations and delivers sustainable
results through being a positive role model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values -
Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and
- 3- 5 years related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word,
- Experience with systems integration, configuration, and
troubleshooting with ERP, Warehouse Management Systems will be a
- Experience with mobile applications, managing system
configurations to support changes in operations will be a plus;
some programming knowledge will be vary valuable.
- Ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Capable of working independently with minimal to no
- Cannabis experience a definite plus.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to use motorized equipment such as a fork-lift or vans,
box-trucks will be a plus.
- This role will require 100% on-site/ in-office presence.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility
with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting,
loud equipment, airborne particles, and moving mechanical
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not
hours; Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional
overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority
of their work schedule
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working
in the industry
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer,
pre-employment background check with the local law
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular
basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull,
talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment
Visa at this time.
Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Caliva, San Jose , Inventory Control Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!