Company: Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Req ID: 11760
Supermicro is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage,
and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing,
Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded
customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among
the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented
global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a
large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek
talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and
business leaders to join us.
Super Micro Computer, Inc. is seeking for a Payroll Manager to
work in our HQ located in San Jose, CA. You'll work to ensure our
payroll expenses and taxes are paid correctly and on time. Our
ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in
payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations.
We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational
skills.Your goal will be to ensure our payroll procedures are
compliant, efficient and current.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and oversee the day-to-day activities. Operate
as the subject matter expert of the team and escalation point to
- Review and approve the U.S. semi-monthly payroll for both
exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Manage payroll to ensures accurate, timely processing of
payroll and employees in compliance with Company's policies and
with federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Manage statutory tax withholding requirements and ensure that
all payroll taxes are calculated and paid on time. Review all
payroll reporting and provide accurate and timely filing with
appropriate government authorities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all federal/state wage and
hour laws related to payroll including garnishments, benefits,
leave of absence, 401k, FSA and taxes.
- Establish procedures and ensure that all payroll financial
postings Review and approve payroll related journal entries and
reconciliations. Document and update the payroll procedures.
Support external financial audit.
- Manage payroll work streamline process improvement.
- Research and understand the applicability of a new rules, tax
code or relevant legislation pertaining to payroll or stock option
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
related field is preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of payroll experience at a high-growth tech
company and 3+ years of managerial experiences highly
- Must have recent public company experience with similar size of
SMC (5000 people organization)
- Strong people/leadership skills required
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) highly preferred
- Experience with payroll system implementation
- Experience running payroll for 500+ employees in different U.S.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet time sensitive
- Expert knowledge of multi-state payroll, payroll tax rules and
regulations in the U.S.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch
gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to
quickly learning new technologies and adopting new
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of "the
devil is in the details" and will take great pride in getting it
- Results oriented: Candidate should be able to collaborate with
different individuals across the organization, and "roll-up the
sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a team player who leads by
example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute
ownership, and champions of new initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer
screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or
crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold,
heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally
Job Segment: Manager, Cloud, Data Center, Business Process,
Keywords: Super Micro Computer, Inc., San Jose , Payroll Manager, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!