Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Sales, Business Development & Marketing Group, Sales, Business
Development & Marketing Group > Product Marketing
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in
an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities
that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But
this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse
skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in.
Implement the Voice & Music Personal Audio marketing strategy
for the North America region - driving business growth across a
variety of headset and hearable customers (OEMs, ODMs,
Distributors) in conjunction with the regional sales organization
and channel team.
The role provides leadership on the customer, market,
proposition value, competitor and brand value positioning, using
consumer, customer and industry insight and vision to define the
marketing plan and approach.
Key measures of success are:
the ability to drive business growth in the broad range of
Personal Audio products developed or specified by companies in the
region (including but not limited to headphones, neckbands and
truly wirelesss earbuds) meeting / beating agreed revenue and
market share targets by taking responsibility and accountability
for driving, tracking and reporting design wins forming strong,
collaborative relationships with globally influential customers,
industry drivers, innovative 3rd party companies, and voice
assistant ecosystem providers in the region.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working independently with little supervision
- Ownership for the annual Marketing Plan for the region, in line
with the global V&M Strategic Plan
- Have an excellent understanding of market size, customer needs
and buying behavior, competitor shares & activity and strategic
positioning; utilizing all these to create and execute effective
strategies for achieving competitive advantage and market
- Drive and deliver revenue and margin expectations in accordance
with the regional annual revenue plan
- Manage autonomously, on a day-to-day basis, the implementation
of agreed marketing activity, covering all elements of the
relationship management, product and company value proposition, to
ensure that all agreed activity is delivered on time and to an
- Drive regular design and customer review meetings with regional
sales to ensure that the regional activities and key customer
strategies support the business unit's growth and margin
- Key responsibility for nurturing strong collaborative
relationships with customers, industry drivers and 3rd party
organizations in the region, deriving a high level of customer and
- Identify and drive product, platform and roadmap requirements
into the Voice and Music Product Management team to define a
compelling portfolio of solution developments that enhance the
customer experience and customer value whilst ensuring product
differentiation and competitiveness.
- Key role in championing the needs of the region into the
business unit management team to influence responsiveness to
changes in the market.
- Role will require strong negotiation and influence.
- Carry out direct portfolio and product promotion and evangelism
at customer sites and during industry events such as the Consumer
- Use verbal and written communication skills to convey complex
and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with
differing knowledge levels.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with leading
North American providers of Voice Assistant ecosystem solutions,
driving lead-engagement support for implementation and deployment
of the Voice & Music voice assistant portfolio
- Monitor the market to validate product roadmaps and translate
these into changes and adjustments to better align the roadmap to
the needs of the region
- Use deductive and inductive problem-solving skills; multiple
approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often
information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and
interpretation skills are required.
- Prepare business cases to justify portfolio changes and
strategic customer or 3rd party engagements.
- Drive Go To Market initiatives for new product launches into
- Prepare Annual Strategic Plan for the regional business in
conjunction and harmony with the Voice & Music Personal Audio group
- Prepare Annual Revenue Plan for the regional business aligned
to the Voice & Music Personal Audio group budget targets
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Information
Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years Silicon Product Marketing or related relevant work
- 2+ years driving a successful silicon product marketing
strategy for a portfolio of products across a defined customer base
- 6+ years silicon product marketing or related relevant work
- 4+ years working with business revenue targets across a
portfolio of products and customers.
- 2+ years developing strategic customer relationships.
- 2+ years working in a large matrixed organization.
- Experience with wireless connectivity technologies,
- Understanding and experience with audio technology is a strong
- Audio ADC / DAC
- Noise Reduction / Echo cancellation
- Ambient noise reduction
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need
an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring
process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is
only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and
recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency
are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be
considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited
resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward
resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company
location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please
contact Qualcomm Careers.