Staff Engineer - Microfluidics
Company: Complete Genomics Incorporated
Location: san jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Seeking a Staff Development Engineer with experience in
developing and testing microfluidics/fluidics systems for
biological applications to contribute to the next generation of
genome analysis systems.
This position is in the Advanced Microfluidics Group and
involves laying the foundation for future cutting-edge products.
The staff engineer is the technical expertise for
cross-disciplinary teams in the development of technology that is
compatible with genome analysis platform or/and beyond it that will
be developed into new products. The ideal candidate will have a
fluidics / microfluidics background with very good understanding of
the fundamental phenomena related to fluid flow and
chemical/biological reactions, as well as demonstrated hands-on
fabrication of fluidics/microfluidics devices with their associated
testing platforms. He/She is expected to apply scientific
principles (physics, chemistry, and math) and practices to
microfluidic systems, lab-on-a-chip devices and biomedical
engineering while also identifying opportunities to improve
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brainstorm new concepts and drive towards down selection and
proving out feasibility.
- Lead to design and develop sample preparation and sequencing
process compatible to plastic microfluidic cartridges.
- Perform feasibility studies for throughput, reliability, cost,
ergonomics, and product quality
- Work with collaborators, vendors, and OEM companies to
facilitate the efficient development of microfluidic
- Together with the group director and project leaders interpret
experimental data and write technical progress reports and
- Provide technical leadership to project teams, including junior
- Present technical findings during project reviews, company
meetings, and scientific meetings.
- Participate in the writing of patent disclosures related to
- Maintain notebooks in a manner that complies with company
policy for recording of experimental data.
- A PhD with 1-2 years; MS with 3-4 years; BS with 5-6 years of
experience in relevant Engineering, or Physical or Biological
- Proven analysis, fabrication, characterization, and process
development skills in the area of microfluidics or engineering
- Demonstrated hands-on experience of micro devices & systems
that includes design, fabrication and process development.
- A working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices
- Able to work independently and lead and collaborate as a
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability
to work in a multi-discipline team environment are required
- Flexibility and persistence in the pursuit of solutions to
problems encountered with microfluidic systems will be
- International travel 10~20%
- Ability to communicate and present reports on the project
status at different levels within the company.
- At times, required to work outside of regular hours due to time
zone differences with teams inChina
- Experience working with Chinese business, academic institutions
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website,
employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or
firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated
with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be
considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed
accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom
we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete
Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Complete Genomics Incorporated, San Jose , Staff Engineer - Microfluidics, Other , san jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!