Raging Waters San Jose - Finance/Administration Manager III
Company: Palace Entertainment
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Raging Waters San Jose is seeking candidates for the position of
Finance Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position. The
candidate must be able to meet park operating needs, which requires
working weekends during the park's operating season.
The Finance Manager will lead, manage, plan, direct, and control
all aspects of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Cash
Control. This includes managing and directing all activities,
events and programs associated with the Park in accordance with
park policies and procedures and ethical business practices. The
ideal candidate will have proven problem-solving skills with the
ability to manage revenues and expenses. This position will also
oversee the Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of all operational functions of assigned
revenue centers, including profitability, sales and COS, finance,
staffing, safety, proper cash handling, and
- Responsible for accuracy and security of company funds
including bank deposits and internal cash funds for assigned
locations. Maintain ticket, token, and pass/certificate
control. Accountable for all park cash control policies.
- Ensure organizational quality standards are delivered for team
members and revenue centers within the location.
- Responsible as directed for the development, implementation and
achievement of budgetary goals.
- Recommend, implement and enforce policies for assigned areas of
- Maintain appropriate control of expenses, labor hours,
operating costs, and inventory within areas of responsibility.
- Research and recommend new products and vendors to enhance
guest satisfaction, sales, and cost control.
- Ensure that all goods are requisitioned properly using
appropriate documentation. Maintain appropriate inventory control
of operating supplies.
- Maintain positive vendor relations in compliance with Palace
Entertainment Code of Ethics.
- Oversee park Human Resources function including seasonal
employee recruitment, orientation, retention, and
- Creates programs to ensure employee compliance with all
regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for enforcing all park policies and procedures
while maintaining guest satisfaction and profitability of the
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information, costs,
inventory and sales to achieve maximum profit potential. Ability to
- Managerial experience in guest service industry with
demonstrated ability to ensure guest satisfaction and ability to
train and maintain an on-going guest service
- Knowledge of methods of establishing appropriate control to
ensure staff integrity and
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with effective
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve
- General knowledge of computers, cash register, various
electronic devices, and working knowledge of various computer
software. Cash handling experience desired.
- Excellent organizational skills for keeping detailed records,
reports and logs.
- Ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close, effective
relationship with vendors, consultants, colleagues, department
managers, partners and the public.
- Ability to work long hours at times and weekends during the
waterpark & motel operation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- 3+ years' experience in the Financial / Accounting industry in
a supervisory or
management role or an equivalent combination is preferred.
- Experience in Human Resources is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience in the amusement/theme park industry or high
volume tourist-based entertainment venue is a plus.
In return we offer an excellent compensation and benefits
package to include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Management Bonus Incentive Plan
- Life, AD&D and Supplemental life insurance
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
Palace Entertainment is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to
race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast
feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition,
genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Job Family FINANCE/ADMIN
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Job Start Date Monday, April 12, 2021
- San Jose, CA, USA, 2333 S White Road, San Jose, California,
United States of America
Keywords: Palace Entertainment, San Jose , Raging Waters San Jose - Finance/Administration Manager III, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!