Program Coordinator - Full-time Day Shift (San Jose, CA)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Our company
doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a
team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity
for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Program Coordinator - Full-time Day Shift (San Jose, CA) Location:
San Jose, CA Job Number: 892289 Date posted: 12/30/2020 Submit
Interest Description: Under limited supervision, serves as the
program liaison by providing support duties to include the
implementation, delivery and monitoring of a program. Activities
require judgment and initiative to determine proper approach or
action to take in non-routine situations and extensive knowledge of
the organizational unit to include operating policies, procedures,
and protocols, and administrative concepts, principles and accepted
practices in the occupation. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensures smooth functioning of program in accordance with
policies and procedures, regulations and other compliance
requirements. Coordinates activities within and external to the
department by answering questions about program operations,
policies and procedures.
- Tracks milestones in project plans and contacts team members to
ensure timely follow through and completion of assignments.
- Schedules conference rooms, caterers, audiovisual equipment and
various support requirements for project teams. Coordinates
administrative workflow of the department, and recommends new
processes as needed. Participates in various committee meetings
related to the ongoing development and modification of the
- Prepares various communication materials utilizing Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, pivot tables, Visio and other similar software
for a variety of management information reports.
- Screens phone and email inquiries; assesses problems or
questions to determine appropriate response general policies and
- Performs assignments that require researching and collecting
information, verifying validity of data and analyzing information.
Prepares narrative, graphic and other presentation that summarizes
findings and variances.
- Provide recommendations based on data analyses to include
procedural and policy changes. Uses a variety of software and
databases to retrieve required information and to prepare
communications, letters, reports, confidential documents, etc.
Utilizes databases to include data entry, extract data, identifying
and correcting data, and running reports for management
information, budget analysis, performance metrics and other
- May oversee portion of a department budget and make budget
recommendations as required. Independently tracks and compiles
reports with actual to budget variances and trend analysis as
- Performs other related duties as required. Basic
- Minimum five (5) years of experience performing administrative
support functions for department managers. Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Excellent customer service and oral and written communication
- Familiarity with use of databases such as Access to enter and
to retrieve data for management information reporting and
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Word, and intermediate level
proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel or Access (required only if
applicable to department's needs).
- Accuracy, productivity, dependability and good attendance
record a must.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in coordinating and providing support to large
- Experience in academic hospital setting or equivalency
- Ability to work independently with precise attention to
- Excellent written and verbal communiation, significant
experience with presenting information in various forms
- Preferred knowledge of ERAS, NRMP, ACGME/WebADS, specialty
board, Medtrics (or other residency managmenet suite)
- Experience in resident evaluations, recruitment, program
accreditation, information technology Primary Location:
California,San Jose,San Jose Building 6 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job
Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union
Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Entry
Level Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department: GME Administration Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers Our
Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an
upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing
you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate
to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Jose , Program Coordinator - Full-time Day Shift (San Jose, CA), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!