Lead Product Designer
Company: Collage.com, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Collage.com's mission is to make custom products easy for
everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent
customer service.--Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned,
profitable, bootstrapped company with about 60 employees that has
rapidly grown from $4 to $50 million in annual revenue since 2013.
We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including
photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more.
Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC's "Good
Morning America" and three times on "The View." We've also appeared
multiple times on the "TODAY Show," along with mentions
in--BuzzFeed ,--Mashable ,--AARP: The Magazine , the--Associated
Press , and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to
join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world.
Learn more about working at Collage.com . We are seeking an
experienced--Designer--to join our growing product team here at
Collage.com. Our product goal is to make it easy and enjoyable for
every customer to create ordering photo products, and this position
will play a critical role in the continued achievement of that
goal. The--Designer--will also contribute to the establishment of
our design system, as well as our ongoing efforts to create a
high-quality, consistent experience across our product. Our Product
- We believe in developing a great product through a deep
understanding of our users with a variety of qualitative and
quantitative methods, creative use of technology, exemplary design,
and an open mindedness to new ideas.
- We believe that the whole product team - engineers, designers,
and product managers - should be actively empowered to contribute
to product development.
- We believe in the lean approach of cheaply and quickly
validating assumptions with evidence, and iterating quickly.
- We are committed to improving the lives of our customers and
providing the best possible work environment for our team members.
- Develop and maintain a vision of the user experience--
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to
continuously find the most effective ways to solve for user-facing
- Work with a UX researcher to unpack complex user issues while
building a deeper understanding of our customers
- Create journey maps, user flows, and other documents to guide
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as
needed to effectively communicate specific features and
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and
stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of
- 8+ years experience in product design--
- Experience working in an Agile environment with product
managers and engineers
- Strong portfolio, including work on interactive
- Experience conducting research and applying research insights
- Skilled with modern design tools such as Sketch
- Strong collaboration skills: able to work productively across
disciplines while being a strong advocate for their
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in
free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision
and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a
high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard
and take time when you need it).
- We'll pay for computer and home office equipment (within
reason) that will help you work better. The Interview Process The
goal of our interview process is to identify people who will be a
good fit for our company and are talented, ambitious individuals
within their craft. Because you will be working remotely, all of
our interviews are done remotely. We look for candidates with good
written and verbal communication skills who embody our company
values (which can be found on our careers page). During the
interview process, you will:
- Speak to a member of our talent acquisition team which will be
mostly an experience and values/culture fit assessment
- Speak with a Senior Product Manager
- Complete a take home challenge that is intended to emulate your
actual work environment
- Speak with a Designer and Product Manager
- Speak with both of our founders/CEOs of the company We believe
in transparency, and will give you the opportunity to speak with
anyone else you'd like to meet before accepting an offer. You are
making an important decision, and we want to make sure you are
fully committed to joining our team. What interests you about
working for Collage.com? --*
How did you hear about this job? --*
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship of any kind?
Please provide copy/link of your portfolio --*
Please provide copy/link of your portfolio --*
Attach File Dropbox Google Drive
Keywords: Collage.com, Inc., San Jose , Lead Product Designer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!