Community Support Facilitator II - Internal Applicants Only
Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Employment, Media, & Community
Connections - EMCC Team /Work Type: Full-Time Purpose:
Provides support and leadership for consumers to participate in
activities and receive services in community settings. Activities
and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person
Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
The following are the essential functions of the position. An
employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out
1. Provide group and/or individual support in the community as
identified in the consumer's Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Leads curriculum development and implementation. Assists with
job developing, scheduling and staff training.
3. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships,
skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or
transport client throughout the local community.
4. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic
community activities chosen by the consumer.
5. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served. Develops and
implements behavioral support plans for individuals with
challenging behaviors and to assure consumer safety.
6. Complete required forms and accountability documentation,
incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required
7. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family
members and appropriate others. Represent HOPE in the community in
a professional manner.
8. Acts as back-up to the program coordinator.
9. Leads consumer programming with Center's activities, services,
and team of staff.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of
Minimum Qualifications :
BA or equivalent plus two years of related experience working with
people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment, or
Approved combination of experience and education, and
Possession of a valid California Driver's License, a clear driving
record and auto insurance.
Reports To: Assigned Program Coordinator, Manager.
Supervisory Responsibility : none
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and
commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems
and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven
service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Extensive travel around town and in the consumer community; use of
public transportation where possible; exposure to climatic
conditions, heat, cold, humidity, dampness, sun, pollens;
lifting/carrying supplies for consumer supports to and from
locations, walking, standing, visual/auditory acuity while
supporting consumer in the community; position is community based
and in local and consumer home community, climbing stairs to reach
the consumer is occasionally necessary; work alone as well as
closely with others, sitting for periods of time in meetings and
use of office environment; produce work on computers/office
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment. PI130681435
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Community Support Facilitator II - Internal Applicants Only, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!