Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist - Spanish Speaking
Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Mental Health Services - Clinical
Services Team /Work Type: Full-TimeThe Hope Services Counseling
Center is hiring full-time, fully benefited Therapeutic Behavioral
Specialists to work with children and young adults (5-21 years old)
with intellectual disabilities and mental health issues under the
Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) Program. Behavioral
Specialists are part of a mental health multi-disciplinary team.
TBS is a community-based program.
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency,
providing a wide array of quality services for persons with
developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We offer an
OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision,
401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous
Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Hourly pay rate: $ 24.00 - $ 28.00 commensurate with
Responsibilities of the Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist:
1. Provides 1:1 assessment, training and follow up in the
consumer's home and community as identified in their Mental Health
and TBS assessments
2. Implements positive behavior programs for qualified clients in
3. Assure compliance with safety and confidentiality standards.
4. Acts as a program monitor for assigned clients. Complete
required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports,
case notes, termination, client attendance, billing, and other
5. Performs behavioral interventions as prescribed.
6. Assess and document client progress, performs quality
7. Maintains all assigned client case records. Participates in case
reviews and goal planning. Schedule transportation, prepare
required documentation, reporting.
8. Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with
consumers, parents, care providers, co-workers and appropriate
others. Represents HOPE in the community.
9. Acts as advocate on behalf of clients served, providing
intervention and consultation as needed.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to assure efficiency of
Minimum Qualifications: The Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist
should possess a Bachelor's degree in Psychology or its equivalent
as approved by SCCMH.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Therapeutic
1. Interest and ability to understand and relate to children with
developmental/mental health disabilities and behavioral
2. Working knowledge of handling aggressive/assaultive
3. Ability to relate in a positive and constructive manner with
clients, their families, the community and staff members.
4. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a member
of the counseling support team
5. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally
and in writing, client performance and social behavior.
6. Knowledge and understanding of psychological and mental health
disabilities, alternative communication systems and assistive
7. Utilization of critical thinking skills in decision making
situations, good organizational and record keeping skills.
8. Maintain valid CPR and First Aid certification.
9. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of
normalization and a commitment to enhance community integration of
adults with developmental disabilities
10. Flexible, positive and cooperative approach to scheduling and
task prioritization in a consumer-driven environment.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment. PI130681439
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist - Spanish Speaking, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!