Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Community Employment Services -
Supported Employment Team /Work Type: Full-TimePurpose:
To provide office management support of assigned department, assure
the smooth operation of the support services, handle inquiries,
supervise other administrative support operations, may lead
projects. This position handles confidential information and
operates as part of the management team.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of
the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for
carrying out all of the following functions:
1. Supervise the lobby reception, phones and office operations of
2. Assures all required processes are completed, or assigned, work
with staff to assure completion of assignments.
3. Assists in the preparation and control of records, statistics
and reports regarding operations, personnel and clients served.
4. Handles community inquiries, acts as a department liaison.
5. Administers programs, projects and or processes specific to the
6. Participates in agency wide case review, assuring departmental
standards meets funding and State requirements.
7. Administers and tracks departmental purchasing related to
supplies, facilities and operations.
8. Assists in the new hire process, coordinate training and
orientation of new employees.
9. Assists with the new hire paperwork and process for CES clients
and Project SEARCH clients.
10. May be required to provide services/support activities in the
field as needed for department function.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter
12. Other duties as assigned to assure efficient program
13. Supervise lobby assistants.
14. Prepare, monitor and follow up on monthly billing paperwork for
all CES departments, trained in IP/group/CAN billing
15. Department liaison with the IT department, facilities,
accounting, payroll, vehicles and other Hope departments.
16. Payroll entry for CES clients.
17. Assist in the CARF process; including updates to the CES
18. Monitor, update and maintain the funding authorizations with
the Regional Center or Department of Rehabilitation.
19. Monitor and process the Annuals and semis IHSP meeting and
20. Add, update and maintain the client binders and paperwork.
21. Follow all health and safety guidelines established by the
County Health Department and the CDC.
Minimum Qualifications :
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus two years of related
experience working in an office environment with increasing
Reports To: Department Manager or Division Director
Supervisory Responsibility: may supervise one staff as
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment.
2. Ability to train and direct the work of others.
3. Ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
4. Ability to prepare accurate accounting of department
5. Ability to organize time, set priorities, and complete
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office
7. Ability to exercise good judgment, self-pace work and direct the
work of others.
8. Knowledge of the industry supported by the program department as
9. Experienced and knowledgeable in Windows, Microsoft Office 365:
able to use Word, Excel and Access proficiently.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Typical office environment, equipment and tasks. Significant amount
of time spent at computer station, typing, phone, long periods of
intense concentration. Constant review of documentation and
reports, frequent phone use, constant interruption. Periods of
travel to other locations, exposure to outdoor conditions.
Significant face-to-face communications with internal and external
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment. PI126219630
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Executive Assistant, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!