Bilingual Family Support Counselor
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 19, 2020
OverviewBilingual (Spanish/English) Family Support Counselors
work to ensure that that clients placed in Seneca's foster care
programs are successful in their placements by providing mental
health support, skill building, crisis intervention, and case
management services. The primary responsibilities are to act as
behavioral coach and mentor to clients referred into the program
and in need of additional support.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift
traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a
nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and
connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental
health services. Seneca's agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee
Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees
provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the
families we serve.Responsibilities
- Provide mental health interventions, skill building, crisis
intervention, and case management services to ensure the successful
placement of clients in foster care homes.
- Support resource parents in the implantation of client
treatment goals and guide them in assisting client's in their
acquisition of new skills and behavioral responses.
- Provide on-call coverage to the clients and their
- Participate in all treatment reviews, program staff meetings,
and IEP meetings when necessary
- Complete mental health notes and other paperwork, and complete
service tracking documentation as indicated
- Assist with planning arrangements and transportation for
school, therapy appointments, and court hearings.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the program supervisor
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately
representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but
not limited to, time sheets, petty cash, and mileage.
- Collaborate as part of multidisciplinary team
- Bachelor's degree
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities required
- Prefer at least 1 year experience in working with
- Own a vehicle, California driver's license and
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Full time
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends as
- Competitive salary with an additional salary increase for
bilingual Spanish/English abilities upon passing a bilingual
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, San Jose , Bilingual Family Support Counselor, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!