Bilingual Family Partner
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 19, 2020
OverviewSanta Clara County Katie A. Services aim to address
mental health symptoms that are impacting the youth's ability to
successfully meet their life goals. Services build on the values
and strengths of each youth and family, and are tailored to meet
their unique and changing needs. Our approach to services is youth
driven. Each client identifies the focus of their treatment, as
well as the people they want on their family treatment team, which
may include supportive family, friends, or community members.
The Bilingual (Spanish/English) Family Partner provides peer
support to family members of clients. The Family Partner is
responsible for coordinating parent support activities and
resources. The Family Partner works individually with family
members to engage them in the process, increase their involvement
in services, and assist them in achieving their care plan goals.
The Family Partner will perform a wide range of activities needed
to function as a member of the team as well as provide individual
support to parents and other caregivers. The Bilingual Family
Partner must have personal experience raising a child who has
received services. These services can include Special Education,
Mental Health Services, Human Services such as CPS or Child
Welfare, Juvenile Justice or Probation.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift
traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a
nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and
connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental
health services. Seneca's agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee
Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees
provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the
families we serve.Responsibilities
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support for children,
youth and families enrolled in Katie A. Intensive Mental Health
- Participate in Child and Family Team meetings.
- Function as a member of the program team and provide individual
support for the parent/caregiver or identified family
- Assist with coordinating and providing transportation for
school, therapy, court hearings, or other pertinent treatment
- Submit incident reports and other necessary documentation in a
timely and complete manner.
- Participate in weekly supervision.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but
not limited to, mental health notes, time sheets, petty cash, and
mileage in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately
representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- An Associate's degree or a minimum two years of experience
working with families
- Personal experience with a child or grandchild who has been the
recipient of services (Special Education, Social Services,
Probation, Mental Health).
- Bilingual abilities in Spanish and English required
- Own vehicle, California driver's license, and auto
- Clear TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Full time
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings
and weekend days.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially
paid premiums for dependents
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)---
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, San Jose , Bilingual Family Partner, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!