Location: San Jose, California, United States
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage,
and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing,
Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded
customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among
the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented
global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a
large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek
talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and
business leaders to join us.
A brilliant opportunity exists for an outstanding individual
capable of fitting into this very rewarding Product Manager role.
As the market leader in professional server solutions, Supermicro
is looking to hire someone who can bring added value to the team.
This is a fast moving, emerging business, and successful candidates
will be able to move and adapt quickly to changing needs, manage
multiple initiatives, engage at all executive levels both inside
Supermicro and with partners, and have a proven record of
developing products as well as business model from the ground up.
If you are dedicated, energetic and detail-oriented, this could be
the perfect role for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop new product requirements based on customer input,
market and competitive forces and company capabilities
• Specify market requirements for current and future
• Perform market/industry research as necessary to support
• Understand and manage the product life cycle from the stages
of introduction, growth, maturity, and to the last, decline
• Provide product subject matter expertise and leadership to
sales functional team training with both internal and external
• Collaborate with external vendors on requirements definition
and feature development
• Provide support in the development of new data models and data
visualization in strong analytical and strategic thinking
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Degree in technical field, MBA
or relevant advanced degree is highly desirable
• Knowledge of server/workstation hardware business models
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in leadership of
cross-functional teams, ideally in hardware and software solution
product management and marketing preferred
• Strong analytical, marketing and project management skills - a
drive for results and a history of successful execution on
• Strong communication skills and ability to help direct product
development and presentation
• Ability to develop business relationships from scratch, both
internal and external to Supermicro
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer
screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or
crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold,
heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally