Algorithms Engineer ' Mapping Systems, Autonomous Vehicles Team
Company: Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Position at Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover
and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the
world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief
Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and
strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in
promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A
and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of
technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous
mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data
infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products
and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the
responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our
partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that
will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with
additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul,
The mapping systems team is seeking a software engineer
specializing in algorithms and data structures, to help us solve
problems in a high-fidelity, high-frequency environment. Some
applications require analysis of large scale data that demand
clever algorithmic techniques to help us solve some seemingly
simple problems that become challenging due to scale. Ability to
analyze the input/problem domain, understand and be able to exploit
the nuances to develop highly efficient practical combinatorial and
numerical algorithms. In their capacity as an algorithms engineer,
the candidate will have a chance to work across various parts of
the stack in the autonomous driving system, and across various
teams. The candidate will have a unique chance to develop their
career in various ways.
- Masters/PhD in the area of combinatorial and/or numerical
algorithms, or related field.
- Practical (near-linear/sub-linear) combinatorial
- Strong background in fundamental algorithmic techniques for
graphs, sequences and other standard structures, and data
- Good grasp of probabilistic algorithms and standard
- Strong grasp of fundamental linear algebra concepts and their
- Reasonably skilled in C/C++; a reference to a github project
will assist in assessment.
- Strong background in discrete and numerical (approximation)
- Background in computational geometry.
- Git, Cmake, Boost, and CGAL.
- Experience with standard machine learning techniques.
- Experience with standard convex optimization tools.
- Basic understanding of standard mapping projection
- Background in scientific computing and numerical analysis.
Keywords: Samsung Semiconductor, Inc., San Jose , Algorithms Engineer ' Mapping Systems, Autonomous Vehicles Team, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!