Speech and Debate Summer Junior Judge
Company: THE HARKER SCHOOL
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Upper School - San Jose, CA
Summer programs at Harker include a wide variety of academic and
recreational offerings. We offer an academically focused TK - 5
Summer Camp; the Summer Institute for Middle and High School-aged
students; and our English Language Institute for international
students. Our summer programs reflect our commitment to providing
Bay Area children with a dynamic and exciting educational
experience. Click here to learn more about our Summer Program:
We seek judges with experience coaching public forum debate,
Lincoln-Douglas debate, Congressional debate and/or National Speech
and Debate Association speech events. All candidates should have
experience with competitions in at least one of these events.
Classes will be held from 9-4 PM (with a lunch break),
Monday-Friday, July 17-28, 2023. Our expectation is that judging
will mainly occur in the afternoons but there may be morning shifts
as well. There is a mandatory training day on July 14. Please
direct specific questions about the summer speech and debate
program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated hourly range: $17.00 to $22.00
- Junior judges must at least be rising juniors in high
- Extensive experience either competing in Lincoln-Douglas
debate, public forum debate, congressional debate, and/or NSDA
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Classes will be held from 9-4 PM (with a lunch break),
Monday-Friday, July 17-28, 2023. There is a mandatory training day
on July 14.
- It is not expected that junior judges be available for all
shifts but they must clearly communicate with Greg Achten about
their availablility and coordinate shifts. Our expectation is that
judging will mainly occur in the afternoons but there may be
morning shifts as well.
- Excellent people skills that provides an opportunity for
professional relationships with students.
- Maintains a positive attitude that enhances students
development in a nurturing and respectful atmosphere.
- Maintain open lines of communication and report issues to
faculty as needed.
- Set a good example for students and others through attendance,
punctuality, dress, language, work ethic, and behavior.
- Plan for the safe operation of the school and the safety of all
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
- Must have ability to work independently, work with others, and
work with guidance of supervisor.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt to change and handle multiple situations and
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Ability to
observe student behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce
appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply
appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and understand students
and other staff members.
No hazardous or unpleasant working conditions.
Our Mission: Our mission is to educate students for success at
college and beyond, and to foster kindness, respect and integrity
within a safe and nurturing environment. We achieve academic
excellence through the development of intellectual curiosity,
personal accountability and love of learning. Our comprehensive
program and exceptional faculty and staff help students discover,
develop and enjoy their unique talents. We honor individuality,
embrace diversity, and promote leadership and service, preparing
students to take their place as global citizens.
Keywords: THE HARKER SCHOOL, San Jose , Speech and Debate Summer Junior Judge, Legal , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!