Legal Resource Support Specialist (remote)
Company: Winston & Strawn LLP
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Winston & Strawn is committed to the safety and well-being of
our attorneys and staff and currently has a COVID vaccination
policy for all of our positions at the firm.*This position is fully
remote and can reside in any state EXCEPT Alabama, Colorado,
Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, New
Hampshire, New Mexico, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, and West
Virginia.* Hours are 10 am -6:30 pm CT POSITION SUMMARY:The
Resource Support Specialist ("RSS") is part of the Winston Resource
Center ("WRC") team
providing high-quality administrative support to Winston attorneys
and staff. As part of this
collaborative and virtual team, the RSS supports a wide range of
administrative tasks including:
* Document processing,
* Time entry
* Drafting Audit Response Letters
* New Business Intake
* Inputting Expenses and Invoices into Chrome River
* Travel Assistance, and
* other general requests from Winston domestic and international
The RSS works with Practice Coordinators (PC) to assist with the
business intake process including
drafting engagement and waiver letters, submitting information into
NBI, and assisting with conflicts
clearance. As part of the WRC team, the RSS will also provide
backup assistance for expense
reimbursements, invoice processing, and rush check requests.
Document processing work will
include drafting, revising, formatting, and editing documents of
varying complexities. This position
requires the abilityto perform work requiring a significant
attention to detail, responsiveness, and
the ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests in an
effective manner. A "yes" approach to
customer service and responsiveness is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, revise, format, and edit documents including those
prepared in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Enter time, draft ALQs, assist with travel requests, and
respond to other requests submitted to the WRC.
- Work with Practice Coordinators to assist with the business
intake process including drafting engagement and waiver letters,
submitting information into NBI, and assisting with conflicts
- Proofread and finalize documents that are free of errors.
- Develop knowledge and skills that supportthe proficient and
effective use of a variety of legal and administrative applications
supporting Firm operations and client work.
- Develop collaboration and communication skills that sup port
effective working relationships within the WRC team and with
attorneys and staff across the firm.
- Prepare documents for electronic court filings.
- Participate in all required training programs.
- Proactively maintain and expand knowledge of Firm approved
software and tools.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other WRC staff to support
cross training of the entire WRC team.
- Provide backup coverage for WRC staff that may include
rotations outside of the regular schedule and may include early
morning, late evening, and weekend assistance.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- GED or high school equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of Word Processing experience in a
law firm environment.COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as
the position evolves and Firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop
relationships and foster teamwork at all
levels ofthe Firm.
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive
situations with tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Excellence:*
Ability to consistently demonstrate reliability, flexibility, and
adaptability in a team and serviceoriented
environment while consistently providing a "yes" level of service
to internal and
Problem Solving/Solution Orientation:
- Ability to act and communicate in a responsive,
solution-oriented manner; good problem
solving and collaboration skills.
Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate good judgment.
- Professional appearance and ability to speak comfortably and
professionally with attorneys and
- Ability to project a professional and positive image of the
Firm both in person and via virtual meetingsQuality:
- Ability to produce quality work product in a fast-paced,
dynamic environment including
prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them undertime
- Ability to mentor and cross train on skills needed to support a
wide range ofWRC requests and
- Ability to develop proficiency in legal and administrative
applications that support Firm
operations and client work, including Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Ability to prepare documents with minimal errors; good
proofreading skills; excellent attention
- Ability to work in an electronic and virtual environment
including aptitude to set up and host
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed, often with
minimal noticeWe value diversity in the workplace.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Winston & Strawn LLP, San Jose , Legal Resource Support Specialist (remote), Legal , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!