Senior Legal Counsel (International Law)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Salary + Equity - Fortune 100This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brian
RaffleAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $200,000 - $300,000 per
yearA bit about us:Our client, an publicly traded technology
company, is looking to add Senior Legal Counsel - International Law
to their legal team.Why join us?Company Equity Medical Dental
Vision 401KLTD/STD LifeJob DetailsOur client is seeking an
experienced and self-motivated technology/commercial transactions
attorney to join its legal team. This position will support the
procurement of a wide range of technology, products and services,
and the management of compliance requirements across suppliers for
clients engineering (hardware and software), cloud services, IT,
operations/supply chain, UX research, sales
(retailer/distribution), and platform groups. Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate technology/commercials transactions,
including but not limited to, manufacturing agreements, component
(e.g., SoC) supply agreements, SaaS agreements, enterprise software
and technology license agreements, development and collaboration
agreements, master service agreements, consulting services
agreements, and distribution and logistics agreements.
- Support product and engineering (hardware/software/cloud) teams
by providing guidance on a wide range of legal issues, including
key commercial terms, IP, privacy laws and regulations.
- Support M&A transactions, including due diligence,
negotiation of key IP reps and warranties, and the structuring and
negotiation of ancillary licensing and transition services
- Act as a subject matter expert on intellectual property issues
(e.g., copyright, trade secret, trademark and patent) in the
context of technology/commercial transactions
- Communicate with executive management and manage outside
counsel as needed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of client
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and
processes to help streamline, simplify, and automate the
procurement contracting processes.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in applicable laws,
regulations, and industry trends.Desired Experience:
- Have at least 10 years of transactional legal experience with
an emphasis on technology (in both hardware and software), at both
a law firm and in a corporate legal department.
- Ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that
risk assessment as well as the needs of the business.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and provide risk-appropriate
solutions to the business based on excellent legal judgment.
- Proven ability to think clearly and succinctly and cogently
articulate a negotiating position as well as draft contracts in
clear, concise language.
- Be self-sufficient and know when to ask questions versus when
to take the initiative to find solutions without input or
assistance from others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven
ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy issues and
concerns in the context of technology and commercial
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully
manage aggressive deadlines.
- Be a team player who can perform assigned responsibilities with
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role
requiring good client relationship skills.
- Prior experience working with high-growth technology companies
is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S.
accredited law school.
- Active Bar LicenseInterested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, San Jose , Senior Legal Counsel (International Law), Legal , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!