Software Engineer II - MCAD
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 11, 2019
ANSYS is seeking a software engineer to enhance the 3D editor at
the heart of its industry-leading electromagnetic simulation
products. The successful candidate will perform design, development
and maintenance of 3D geometry algorithms and associated rendering
and user interface for various desktop applications in a highly
collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Perform software development activities in areas including 3D
geometry modeling, 3D visualization, software design and user
- Employ best software practices.
- Investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and
develop solutions. Perform bug verification and release
- Understand the requirements for a product, including target
environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related
technical field, or a Bachelor's degree with three years of
- Significant software development experience using C++ or
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience working for interactive 3D application. Knowledge of
3D graphics pipeline and OpenGL and familiarity with geometry
kernels is desired.
- Experience developing and debugging code on Windows and/or
- Knowledge of MFC or equivalent GUI technology is highly
- Familiarity with the entire development process, including
specification, documentation, quality assurance, and use of
software engineering tools.
- Strong technical knowledge in software development
methodologies with experience in project planning and
implementation. Ability to complete high quality work on
- Familiarity with electronic simulation and tools is a plus.
Experience working for CAD/EDA/CAE companies is a strong plus.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform
us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a
wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and
regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They
are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're
facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live
our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for
fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Keywords: ANSYS, San Jose , Software Engineer II - MCAD, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!