Field Service Engineer - Bruker BioSpin
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 12, 2019
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
New West Coast based opportunity for a highly motivated Field
Service Engineer to join the Bruker BioSpin Service and Lifecycle
Support Team providing technical assistance for customers
throughout the Americas West Region.
* Perform services pertaining to equipment installation, preventive
maintenance, repairs, and other various operations activities at
customer sites and Bruker facilities.
* Assist with service equipment maintenance and repair.
* Provide customer support region-wide by phone and e-mail, with
the ability to act as first responder for technical inquiries
received through Bruker Call Center.
* Complete service reports, update logs and database, document
Service and Life-cycle support activities on a timely and regular
* Perform other duties as required.
* Minimum five years NMR work experience in a technical/
* Associate Degree or B.S. preferred.
* Proven mechanical aptitude with ability to perform complex
mechanical assemblies, testing, and quality inspection.
* Ability to work with cryogenic liquids and gases.
* Ability to correctly operate specialized equipment including
mechanical vacuum and turbo-pumps, leak-detectors, and other
* Ability to use tools, test, and measuring equipment to perform
hands-on and remote troubleshooting of mechanical/ cryogenic
* Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily complete specialized
* Fluency to read, speak, and write in English required. Additional
* Proven ability to communicate in a clear and positive manner with
all parties, including customers, contractors, suppliers,
* Strong verbal, written, computer, and technical communication,
organizational, and presentation skills, including MS Office.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working
effectively as both an individual contributor and team player in a
global, customer-oriented work environment.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. & transport equipment & tools in
excess of 300 lbs.
* Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
or governing location.
* Ability to maintain a valid passport with flexibility for
domestic and international travel.
* U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
* May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control
laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions
will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in
light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, San Jose , Field Service Engineer - Bruker BioSpin, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!