Backend Software Engineer II
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Who are we?
Marketo (an Adobe Company) provides easy-to-use, powerful and
complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small
companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost
center into a revenue driver. Marketo is a leader in cloud
software, recently rated in the top 50 of the Deloitte Technology
fast 500! We have a high-energy environment with lots of room for
personal and professional growth.The Opportunity:Highly
personalized email is a key differentiator for Marketo's Marketing
Automation Platform. Our customers have millions of leads in their
Marketo systems and each lead needs to be marketed to with a
personalized message. Assembling, sending, and tracking these
messages in a timely manner is critical and challenging. As an
engineer on this team, you will work on Marketo's application
platform backend components and help take them to the next level of
scalability and performance to deliver the results our customers
demand.. We use validated technologies like Java, PHP and MySQL as
well as leading edge data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Mongo and
If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems
in a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun-loving environment, we believe
this is a good opportunity for you.If you:
- Want to design, develop and test (including automated,
continuous integration) key product features/components of our
- Love to develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but
easy to maintain.
- Live to design to features/components and conduct effective
peer code reviews where needed.
- Actively participate in architecture and design
Is this you?
- 2+ years of industry software development experience.
- Strong core Java, design patterns and object-oriented language
- Knowledge of SQL queries and database concepts
- Testing frameworks like Junit
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a
- Bachelor/Master degree in CS or related field (or equivalent
It is great if you know:
- Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Akka framework
- Cassandra, Redis, Mongo
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment
that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful
benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Adobe, San Jose , Backend Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!