Senior Software Engineer- Talos
Company: Cisco Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Are you passionate about solving dynamic cybersecurity problems?
Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data
that is constantly growing? Come join The Talos Research &
Today's IT organizations need security products that use leading
threat intelligence to effectively safeguard their extended
networks. Creating that intelligence is the focus of Cisco's Talos
Security Intelligence and Research Group. Talos is comprised of
leading threat researchers supported by sophisticated systems. Our
researchers create threat intelligence for Cisco products to
protect customers from both known and emerging threats.Who You'll
Work WithThe Data Services Delivery Team in Cisco's Talos Security
Engineering and Research Group, seeks an extraordinary software
engineer to help develop our products. We are responsible for
critical common data services and platforms. We are in search of
motivated, creative, ambitious engineers to deliver
high-availability, high-performance web and data services.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team. You will have a
track record of not only delivering exceptionally engineered
products, but will demonstrate a real passion for the efficacy and
long-term success of those products.Responsibilities
- Develop high-performance, scalable code.
- Contribute to design and architecture of key common data
- Participate in design, code, and documentation reviews with
- Collaborate with QA, Automation and DevOps team members to
ensure successful completion, deployment, maintenance, and
operations of solutions.
- Actively participate in an Agile / Scrum team to deliver
high-quality feature releases on an accelerated cadence.
- Help cultivate and maintain a culture of challenge, innovation,
- Participate in team's on call rotation for a week at a time,
- Main location is in San Jose and requires in office presence,
but working from home or remotely is negotiable.
- Real passion for internet security and development of
cutting-edge, high-volume web/data services.
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience, preferably in
internet-security or high-volume web/data services domains.
- Extraordinary programming skills in Python, preferably in Linux
or Free-BSD environments.
- Experience in Security and Networking.
- Able to deliver highly-scalable code of exceptional
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly-motivated and self-directed.
- Able and eager to be a part of a highly communicative and
- At least a BA/BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work
as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays
and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and
we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking
that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that
accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart
Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a
culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work
and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka
dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with
Keywords: Cisco Systems, San Jose , Senior Software Engineer- Talos, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!