Software Developer- Trust & Safety Engineering
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Trust & Safety Engineering at Adobe develops and operates internal
services to detect and mitigate abusive activity and undesirable
content on Adobe's Cloud Platform. We are looking for experienced
computer scientists and engineers to understand patterns of abuse,
develop new strategies and algorithms, implement them and monitor
their effectiveness. The team operates as a one-stop shop directly
responsible for functionality definition, architecture, design,
implementation, deployment, and support.
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and
is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to
Interbrand. Adobe's dynamic working environment is also well known
and has received awards throughout the globe. Recognizing that
employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and
retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an
environment where they can innovate and achieve their best and
rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to
share in the company's success.
What you'll do
- Develop strategies and algorithms to detect undesirable content
- Analyze user reports and usage data to extract patterns of
- Implement automated and hybrid workflows to mitigate detected
- Publish and analyze metrics indicating the level of abusive
activity and trends.
- Work with product, engineering and support teams to integrate
existing or new platform services, analyze gaps and identify new
functionality for development.
- Develop working relationships with peers in other organizations
to keep on top of industry trends and work in academia.
- Serve as a domain expert and go-to resource on Trust &
What you need to succeed
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
Mathematics. Outstanding candidates with graduate degrees in other
Engineering fields or Physical Sciences along with substantial
experience in software development will be considered.
- Minimum five years' experience designing, developing and
implementing web services at service provider scale.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux, a web server like Apache or
nginx, related technologies and tools to build web services. JSON
- Significant experience developing and debugging in Python.
- Ability to work in a Linux command line environment - with a
scripting interface like Bash, and with pattern matching and
extraction tools like grep and awk.
- Familiarity and a high level of comfort working in agile
development and deployment teams. Scrum experience is a plus,
especially working in Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence.)
- Expert-level knowledge and implementation experience in at
least two of the following areas:
- Platform services for abuse detection and prevention - spam,
nudity, violence, profanity, hatred and user activity
- Machine Learning algorithms and their implementation - feature
extraction, model building, training, and validation.
- Aggregation, scrubbing, filtering and analysis of large data
- Log aggregation, data extraction and analysis with Splunk.
- Data access and management with relational (MySQL, Postgres, or
Oracle) and non-relational databases (MongoDB or Cassandra.)
- Image and video content - encoding/transcoding, compression,
pattern extraction, pattern matching, character and object
- Cloud-scale software and services on Cloud environments - AWS,
Azure, GCP or OpenStack with Docker.
- User interfaces and visualization on the web with Angular or
- Resource consumption and performance analysis on Linux.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment
that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful
benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Adobe, San Jose , Software Developer- Trust & Safety Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!