Technical Account Manager - US
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Nutanix is hiring a Technical Account Manager (TAM) in the Central
US to join our Customer Success organization. The TAM is a
technical Nutanix platform professional who helps to ensure
customer satisfaction, strengthen customer relationships and builds
trusted advisor relationships with Nutanix customers. The Nutanix
TAM acts as a single point of contact, customer advocate and
provides direct access into Nutanix business functions (Support,
Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Executive Staff).
Technical acumen in Virtualization, Data Center IT infrastructure
(Storage, Compute, Networking) are core requirements with preferred
industry experiences with Private/Public Cloud Services and/or
leading Enterprise solutions (VDI, RDBMS MSSQL/Oracle/SAP, Big
Data) in large scale enterprise deployments involving direct
customer facing interaction.
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of the customer's
business priorities, operational model/objectives, data center
environment, data center architecture/roadmap, and their IT
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the Nutanix
platform to facilitate the trusted advisor relationship.
- Maintain awareness of customer operations as Nutanix product
expert/advisor and assist with operational planning, risk
management and act as a coordinator for deployments, migrations,
- Act as an advocate of the customer and conduit into various
Nutanix cross-functional teams & leadership, including Sales,
Support, Engineering and Product Management.
- Highlight any operations issues, both unique to the customer's
deployment of Nutanix and their IT environment and those commonly
experienced to facilitate problem avoidance, risk mitigation and
alignment to best practices.
- TAM will monitor unpublished issues, internal service bulletins
and other exposure to proactively mitigate future issues.
- Conduct a regular cadence of operational review with the
Customer on weekly incidents, field advisories, security
vulnerabilities, and related root-cause analysis.
- Conduct regular onsite business reviews and regular
interactions with executive sponsors.
- Conduct or coordinate a twice-yearly health check on the
- Coordinate issue management, escalation and resolution with
Support and Engineering.
- Extract and maintain account insights and capture in TAM
- Establish direct relationship with account stakeholders
(financial, management, operational) and have regular touch points
to assess TAM value delivery
- Ensure TAM value-added processes and deliverables adhere to the
scope and compliance in delivery.
- Participate in Sales Account Planning and support account
penetration/pipeline growth strategies.
- While not dedicated to the customer, visit customer site on a
weekly or otherwise appropriate regular basis to facilitate
development of trusted advisor relationship.
- upto 30% travel to visit Customers
- Must be centrally located in Eastern US area and within a
reasonable radius to support regular (on-site) customer
- 5+ years' experience in an enterprise data center environment,
ideally with a leading IT infrastructure or software vendor, with a
strong understanding of enterprise account technical
- 3 to 4+ years virtualization expertise, including VMware
vSphere. Nutanix platform knowledge and expertise is highly
desired, including AOS and AHV experience.
- 2+ years' experience in customer-facing, Customer Relationship
management role. Prior experience in TAM, CSM and SE (or similar)
- 1 to 3+ years of either enterprise storage or networking
expertise. Related certifications in networking and storage highly
- Experience and/or exposure especially from a virtualization and
IT infrastructure side, with/to leading enterprise solutions,
including RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), Microsoft
Exchange, Splunk, Big Data, VDI, SAP, branch office deployments, is
- Deep (and technical) understanding of data center
infrastructure - virtualization, compute, storage, networking,
converged infrastructure, distributed file systems, DR/HA, security
- and workloads such as VDI and enterprise apps.
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and
problem-solving skills required with ability to build trusted
partner relationships with premier enterprise and Financial
Services Industry customers. Ability to scale from technical
engagements and guidance to mid-level IT management
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams,
including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management and
- Manage communication, education, and consumption of unpublished
internal information on product stability, which can be sensitive,
to pre-emptively mitigate risks for Customers. Or before the
information is generally published
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determining
project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration
with customers and Nutanix stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, or equivalent technical experience is required.
Keywords: Nutanix, San Jose , Technical Account Manager - US, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!