Sr. Technology Alliances Manager
Company: Zscaler, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Zscaler enables the world s leading organizations to securely
transform their networks and applications for a mobile and
cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to
the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from
everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center.
Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center
and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business
policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the
right application, regardless of device, location, or network.
Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access scans
every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and
nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access offers authorized
users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the
data center or public clouds without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity,
enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional
appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more
than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security
cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data
loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost
containment of the cloud securely.
The Technology Alliances Manager will be responsible for Zscaler s
emerging partners in Zscaler s technology partner program. You will
be involved in identifying prospective technology partner
opportunities in close collaboration with the product and executive
team. You will collaborate with the product and marketing team to
launch these partnerships, develop collateral and drive GTM
initiatives. This includes educating and evangelizing the joint
solution to the Zscaler and Technology Partner field organizations
including sales and channels teams. The Manager will drive success
that will be measure in go-to-market activities with a focus on
revenue, market share gains, and overall competitiveness.
This role will work to understand who the key decision makers and
influencers are at the strategic partner, find the areas for
highest impact new business to both parties, and drive the
execution with the partner across functions - sales, marketing, and
product. The ideal candidate has a sales mentality to map and
understand an account and close business, coupled with the
strategic business acumen of an MBA graduate. The individual should
be an execution-focused team player that displays maturity,
commands trust and inspires confidence; with excellent people and
technical skills and the ability to thrive in in a dynamic,
competitive environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
Responsibilities/What You\'ll Do:
* Drive start to finish the completion of a meaningful partnership
that leads to new business for both companies.
* Understand the partners business objectives, go-to-market
approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute a
joint partnership strategy focused on new sales and customer
* Influence key senior, mid-level and line-level relationships and
gain preference for Zscaler.
* Translate activity into the accomplishment.
* Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports
the company s culture, mission and values.
* Act as a good steward of Zscaler resources to ensure effective
* Bachelors Degree requred in Computer Science or related
discipline, and MBA highly desired. If undergrad degree is not
technical, MBA required.
* 7+ years experience in the IT Security arena highly desirable
(Can be 3+ years with an MBA)
* Must have 7+ years demonstrated experience (can be 2+ years with
a MBA) in product management/marketing, business development and
alliances, and/or technical/solution marketing while leading
* Experience with partner/alliance management as a technology
leader managing the Solutions Partner relationships in a Manager
* Work experience for an alliances ecosystem company and
successfully monetizing relationships a plus
* Need to quickly assess the goals of a project, potential pitfalls
and document contingency plans
* Ability to work independently, establish priorities and
demonstrate good judgment
* Smart, analytical, creative, driven and is able to deliver
* Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens and
communicates well with others
* Ability to think and act strategically and proactive
* Strong writing and presentation skills.
* Must be collaborative: easy to work with, an ability to influence
and help internal constituents and external parties see and then
realize the value of working with Zscaler and on specific
* Skilled collaborator and relationship-builder with an
appreciation for sales and channel dynamics
LOCATION: San Jose, California (must be based in Bay Area)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
* An environment where you will be working on cutting edge
technologies and architectures
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley
* Zscaler is the world s leading software-as-a-service security
* We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented
* We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+
* Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
* Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional
place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our
values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in
the industry* Do you want to work on disruptive technology* Do you
thrive in a fluid work environment* Do you appreciate a company
culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates
achievement* If you said yes, we d love to talk to you about
joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at
http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Keywords: Zscaler, Inc., San Jose , Sr. Technology Alliances Manager, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!