Senior Mobile Release Engineer
Company: Tellus Solutions
Location: San Jose
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Title: Senior Mobile Release EngineerJob Location: San Jose, CADuration: 6+ Months contract The Challenge
- Client is looking for a senior release engineer who is passionate about software application build/test/release infrastructure and helping accelerate release velocity of our world-class products such as Photoshop, Premier and Lightroom. You'll be part of a team that is responsible for Digital Imaging desktop and mobile applications!
- As a member of the team, you work with Software Computer Scientists to ensure our services and products seamlessly move from development through release into our Creative Cloud and Mobile stores. This requires scripting and coding with an eye toward scalability. Using your leadership and technical expertise, you manage small project teams and lead the complex application software product releases for production and develop major improvements to tools and processes.
- At client, our users come first, and the Digital Imaging Builds team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we create. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping client's internal operational build eco-center humming. Client developers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're automation ninjas and release superstars. What you'll do
- Create and support new tools for continuous integration pipelines including; automated testing and release management.
- Own and continually improve CI jobs that manage complex software build compilation, packaging, validation, and the archive and release process
- Develop and support the Microsoft/Android/iOS/PC/MAC/Linux build and release pipelines and ecosystems
- Integrate and test new versions of Xcode, iOS SDK, and Android SDK
- Integrate and test new versions of Compilers, 3rd party apps, and OS platforms
- Provision new build and test machines using Chef, monitor uptime of infrastructure
- Support iOS/Android push to market. And now the new Microsoft store push to market What you need to succeed
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux, Windows, MAC, iOS, and Android Platforms
- Extensive experience supporting high volume desktop and mobile development teams
- Extensive experience using Jenkins in an enterprise, Pipeline is a plus
- Extensive experience managing branches and usage of GIT, Perforce or other SCM tools
- Strong experience with scripting languages, particularly Python, BASH and/or Perl.
- Strong experience integrating builds with common Testing Tools such as selenium, boost, google test and etc
- Experience with code signing and build management tools (incredibuild, make, SCons, ant).
- Experience in Chef or other configuration management & provisioning systems
- Experience with Virtualization systems - VMWare, Docker or other container management system Bonus qualifications:
- Experience imaging systems and maintaining large numbers of MACs and WIN machines
- Experience automating mobile applications build, test & release pipelines in an automated continuous integration workflow
- Proficient in Groovy, Java and/or Objective-C
- Jenkins plug-in creation
- Leadership experience a plus Education:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.5 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management. - provided by Dice ("release engineer" OR "build engineer") AND ("mobile" OR "android" OR "ios") AND ("windows" OR "linux" OR "mac")
Keywords: Tellus Solutions, San Jose , Senior Mobile Release Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!