Sr. Software Configuration Engineer
Company: U.S. Tech Solutions Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: December 8, 2018
US Tech Solutions is seeking a "Sr. Software Configuration Engineer" for a 06+ Months Contract position with a client in San Jose, CA. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define, program, test and deliver business application software and middleware software solutions using AWS Infrastructure and Platform as a
- Service Public Cloud using Agile methodology.
- Engage in direct application development activities (programming: design, code, test) supporting agile teams toward the rapid adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Operates as a vital component of an Agile Squad.
- As a squad member will collaborate with Development, Architecture and Infrastructure to implement technical designs.
- Engaged as a cloud implementation subject Matter Expert.
- Possesses and maintain deep knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms, tools and techniques.
- Engage other teams with compelling ideas, designs, presentations, and discussions to help generate adoption of IaaS/PaaS Cloud.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of the build systems supporting instrument firmware and embedded applications. Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of best practices for Software Configuration Management, including permissions, branching, merging and labeling techniques for major and minor / patch releases.
- Demonstrate proficiency and good programming practices when writing PowerShell and MSBuild, including test script development.
- Ability to create and release software using Microsoft .NET Framework with the Visual Studio Development environment; including the packaging and signing of assemblies.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams including Software Development, Systems Engineering / Verification & Validation and Quality Assurance.
- Good multi-tasking ability needed to resolve urgent issues or high priority activities in addition to the weekly project workload.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in build/release engineering and configuration management.
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 or 10; and Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Familiarity with Linux, VM Ware virtual environments (VMWare Workstation and/or VMWare VSphere)
- Proficiency interacting with Team Foundation Server system for Source Control, Builds, and Code Reviews; and using TFS project management features for Defect and Work tracking
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Background in TFS Build controller / agent set up and configuration, Jenkins server configuration and build set up
- Proficiency using build toolsets such as MSBuild
- Familiarity with test / analysis tools such as NUnit, NCover and FxCop.
- Proficiency using Visual Studio development environment, including editing SLN, CSProj, VCProj, and VCXProj files; and applying Visual Studio extensions
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with PowerShell and batch file scripting; Bash / Perl scripting; and the use of build scripts
- Familiarity with SVN and GIT source code control tools
- Experience with package management and tools such as Nuget, NPM and Artifactory
- Experience with installer tools: MSI, InstallShield, Wix, Install Anywhere If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!Benefits of Working with US Tech Solutions:As a US Tech Solutions consultant, we are proud to offer access to the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401k plan
- Account and Delivery Manager for client support
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income About US Tech Solutions: Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.Connect with our talent team today.USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated "The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: ."US Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and "US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply." Thank you for your time.Dharmendra MittalUS Tech SolutionsTel: Email: URL: - provided by Dice PowerShell, MSBuild, Windows 7, 8 or 10; and Windows Server 2008/2012, NUnit, NCover and FxCop, MSI, InstallShield, Wix, Install Anywhere, Nuget, NPM and Artifactory
Keywords: U.S. Tech Solutions Inc., San Jose , Sr. Software Configuration Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!