Software Engineer Intern (Backend/Full-stack) - Summer 2023, Remote Available
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!Role:Splunk is looking for
interns for Summer 2023! As a Backend/Full-stackSoftware Engineer
intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an
opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.You will
experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the
skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to
support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate
with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight
into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your
growth and development while empowering you for a successful start
to your career.You will get to work with smart and hardworking
individuals who are doing state of the art development work (native
mobile, front-end and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine
learning, data analytics, infrastructure and event correlations
across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software.
You will be interacting with product management and customers to
understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other
engineering teams across Splunk to design and build
high-performance solutions.You will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, code and test software systems, or
applications for software improvements and new products.
- Build innovative solutions that enable rapid development.
- Contribute through participation in agile development of
project timelines, implementation design specifications, system
flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to
processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard
methodologies, architecture, and implementation.Basic Requirements:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer
Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong
record of academic achievement.
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester
remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
- The Splunk internship program runs for a minimum of 10 weeks,
up to a maximum of 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between
May and June 2023. Applicants should be available to participate
full-time (40 hours/week) in an internship during this
- Familiarity with one mainstream programming language, such as
Go, Java, or Python
- Exposure to docker, Kubernetes, or public cloud platforms (e.g.
AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exposure to working with REST APIs
- Familiarity with test-driven development, writing various
levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test,
integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Familiarity with modern version control system, such as
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a
class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source
- Experience collaborating with others in a fast-paced
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quicklyWhat We Offer You:
- A fun and collaborative environment with many exciting events
from interacting with other interns to conversations with our
executive leadership team.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the
way from engineering and QA to product management and customer
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.We
value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal
employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age,
physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other consideration made
unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other
locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Software Engineer Intern (Backend/Full-stack) - Summer 2023, Remote Available, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!