Senior Software Developer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Location: This role could be fully remote in the US. East or
West coast areas preferred.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an outstanding senior software engineer to help
develop our products, e.g., a highly motivated, disciplined,
creative, and ambitious engineer to deliver high-availability,
high-performance web and data services.
You have a track record of success, an excellent work ethic, and a
can-do attitude. You are passionate about overcoming complex
technical challenges and holding yourself and others to the highest
standards. You genuinely believe that the whole is greater than the
sum of the parts. You demonstrate your dedication to positively
impacting the team through your daily interactions with your team
members. You deliver results and foster integrity and trust.
What you'll do
- Work with a team of like-minded professionals to migrate the
Talos Web Intelligence pipeline into the cloud.
- Solve exciting security problems by writing highly scalable and
- Actively participate in an Agile / Scrum team to deliver
high-quality feature releases with every release sprint.
- Engage with QA, Automation, and DevOps team members to ensure
our solutions' successful completion, deployment, maintenance, and
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development
- An outstanding programmer in one or more development languages
of Scala, Python, or Go.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, including
- Experience developing cloud-based applications and expertise in
Microservices Architecture, tools like Kubernetes, and PaaS
platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or
- A Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or equivalent.
- Data management experience is beneficial.
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Redis, Parquet, and
- Experience with a variety of Database Management Systems,
either relational, columnar, or graph store technologies
Nice To Have
- You aren't afraid to argue about the finer nuances of TCP/IP,
gRPC, HTTP/2, or HTTP Pipelining.
- People come to you seeking guidance for your expertise with
- Understanding of Software design patterns, SDLC, Behavior
Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous
- Background in Security and Networking with a strong
understanding of the Web (e.g., RFC7540).
- Keeps current with security journals and happenings.
- A Master's degree is beneficial.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team
and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the
world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our
people. Our People Are The Heart of Cisco
Cisco is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
We see inclusion and diversity as essential to fueling the power of
connection. Learn about inclusion and collaboration in action at
Cisco. Diversity, Inclusion and Collaboration at Cisco
Benefits and Perks
We strive to keep our teams happy and healthy. Many roles have the
option to be Remote or Hybrid. Cisco provides competitive pay,
excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, 20
days of paid time off plus holidays, support for parents and paid
time to volunteer. View the benefits overview. Benefits and Perks -
Join us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related
travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting
third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and
Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law,
and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required
accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons
as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with
applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.
Keywords: Cisco, San Jose , Senior Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!