Senior Computer Specialist
Company: AVALON BAY COMMUNITIES, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2022
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real
Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing,
redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities
in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These
markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast,
Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of
the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000
apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay
associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as
well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking
ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on
creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your
positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make
AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Senior Computer Specialist is responsible for maintaining PC's
in our San Jose office and all our West Coast offices using modern
computer management solutions. The individual will track software
versions and maintain images of remote PC's.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the operations of local area networks including
backups and disaster recovery.
- Installs and configures PC's, LAN workstations, and various
- Manages user accounts, security and workstation configurations,
and writes user/technical documentation.
- Resolves performance and security issues as necessary; installs
upgrades and patches to network operating software as required;
monitors virus scanning on workstations.
- Uses diagnostic tools and troubleshooting processes to
determine if problems are due to equipment, network or application
errors, resolve connectivity; installs and configures PC's and
various software packages, troubleshoots logon problems.
- Familiar with Beyond Trust Remote Desktop Tool
- Tracks software license compliance along with technology
documents/certificates such as product registrations.
- Knowlege of Intune device management and auto-pilot
- Writes, maintains and updates documents/procedure in SharePoint
and Service Now.
- Will require some travel to our West Coast Regional Offices.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Experience: -
- Two years of experience in related field work, which includes
Windows 10, Windows 11, LAN and workstation support.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software problems at
the component level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and customer
- Exhibits a poised, professional manner with the ability to work
well with diverse types of individuals over the telephone, in
written correspondence, and in-person.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works independently, problem-solves, takes initiative, sets
priorities, handles multiple projects, and exercises good judgment
in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment in an
organized and professional manner
- Demonstrates attention to accuracy, detail and thoroughness in
completing assigned duties
- Maintains confidentiality and handles confidential and
sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and
we're committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental & vision, 401(k) with
company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement,
an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that
celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the
overall success of the organization - including destination awards,
'AvalonBay's Very Best' recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - -A Commitment
to Integrity, -A Spirit of Caring, and -A Focus on Continuous
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of
discrimination and harassment.--- We believe that in order to
achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must
-recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment
that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated.
- With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person's
race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental
disability, genetic information (including characteristics or
testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any
other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under
Keywords: AVALON BAY COMMUNITIES, Inc., San Jose , Senior Computer Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!