Outside Plant Engineer
Company: Allstate Sales Group Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company OverviewASG strives for customer satisfaction. Our core
values of Honesty, Integrity, and Respect are our guiding
principles and provide the framework for everything we do. As one
of New Jersey's most successful telecommunications service
companies, ASG plans, designs, builds, and services the world's ICT
infrastructures to create a more sustainable and connected society.
We offer unique solutions to complex infrastructure projects and
comprehensive right of way, engineering, and construction services
targeted to the public sector and telecom industry.ASG is dedicated
to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace
and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural
backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. We strive
to foster an environment where our employees feel respected,
valued, and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in
helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.
The OSP Engineer creates project designs, estimates costs,
identifies appropriate materials and equipment, creates drawings,
and estimates project timelines, for the placement of fiber optic
cables, poles, conduit, transmission equipment and associated
electronics. The OSP Engineering Planner creates designs based on
current and past network architectures. The OSP Engineer should be
proficient in conduit, manhole, hand hole, underground, submarine,
buried and aerial construction methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs field engineering of
proposed projects in order to provide optimum routing alternatives
ensuring the most cost-effective designs are developed for
- Provides suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and
proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data
intended to afford design personnel the optimum opportunity to
design the most effective plant placement.
- Provides field investigation of construction projects both
aerial and underground construction. Provides legible drawings in
AutoCAD, Visio or hand drawn drawings depicting pickup locations
and proposed routings
- Provides Post-wire drawings of commercial/MDU construction.
Provides estimated costs to provide services to projects.
- Attends on sight meetings with appropriate stake holders to
explain construction procedures and cable routing, as
- Perform field verifications of existing plant in order to
provide accurate pick up points for new development and commercial
plant extensions.--- Attend departmental meetings to understand and
address the goals of the organization. --- Gather street addresses
and unit count information for database additions/corrections as
- Coordinates with group managers, project coordinators,
maintenance technicians and permitting department as required to
engineer plant extensions correctly and reflect current plant
- Performs accurate drafting of field engineering with all
footages verified and necessary construction notes
- Researches system plant maps to determine system extension
effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
- Performs small system preliminary extension design for high
priority projects when necessary.
- Coordinates with company contractors as needed to verify
existing conduits and plant.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years' experience in
the telecommunications industry.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Requires ability to function independent of a supervisor.
- Basic word-processing software and record keeping skills.
- Adaptable computer skills and ability to research online
information from various sources.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- College level courses in AutoCAD drafting/CATV design
Working Conditions:Outdoors and office with work hours dependent on
the needs of the project.
Physical Requirements:Walking routes, driving, travel as needed to
get to the project.
Pay Definition/Metrics:Non- Exempt- Hourly
- Comprehensive health benefits plan including Medical, Dental,
- 401(k) with company match
- 18% Verizon Wireless discount (primary line only, excludes
- Pet Protection Insurance through Nationwide
- Remote and/or hybrid work schedules
- Gym/Exercise Facility Reimbursement through qualifying medical
- Generous paid time off and 8 company-paid holidays (plus 1
floating holiday)Equal Opportunity EmployerASG is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer and provides consideration for
employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Keywords: Allstate Sales Group Inc, San Jose , Outside Plant Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!