Technical Lead - Remote
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Are you ready to bring positive change through private
We are a for-profit, mission-driven company with the goal of
empowering the private markets to build a more inclusive and
sustainable form of capitalism.
The Company & The Role
By bringing together the brightest minds in financial data, private
equity, social justice and inclusive capitalism, we aim to build
the best technology and tools for the private markets to better
collect, analyze, benchmark and report ESG (Environmental, Social,
Governance) data. We have an experienced and diverse team who are
as ambitious about growing a successful company as we are about
making an impact.
Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through continuous
delivery of the product so we focus on making small, incremental
improvements in order to deliver high quality software, frequently.
We're strong believers in the principles of agile, so we work in
small cycles and regularly reflect on our processes making changes
where necessary to improve outcomes and effectiveness.
This role sits inside our Product and Engineering team, where
you'll be embedded into one of our squads working on expanding the
feature set of ESG data and reporting platform. You'll have a
chance to get involved early in our product's development, having
the opportunity to shape and steer our platform's technical
direction as well as contribute code across the entire stack.
- Work closely with other lead engineers to steer the overall
product and platform architecture.
- Lead a product squad of engineers, driving the thinking and
execution of new features to improve our ESG data and reporting
- Work closely with other stakeholders, such as designers and
product managers to capture requirements and distill problems into
value focused deliverables.
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to
continuously improve our existing solutions and be accountable for
technical specifications and execution in the daily work of the
- Advocate high standards of quality related to code and systems
whilst maintaining a strong delivery focus, identifying and
resolving blockers before they become issues.
- Be actively involved in our various Guilds, ensuring that the
team's output achieves our quality and security goals.
- Coach and mentor team members and help them to develop and
improve their skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and are able to
work collaboratively and respectfully with other team members.
- Good judgment, and aren't afraid to make decisions and act with
purpose and intention to progress Novata's goals, whilst
understanding which battles to pick when it comes to business
objectives versus technical limitations.
- An appetite to deliver through a high degree of personal
commitment coupled with a natural passion for continuous learning
- A proven ability to make technical trade offs, balancing what's
best for the business, users and the product.
- A focus on output whilst ensuring the final developed products
are robust and maintainable.
- Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD,
observability, configuration management, test automation).
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in writing testable,
modular and extensible code that covers that entire web application
- A passion for CI/CD and automated testing.
We Use And Teach
- React and NextJS for our frontend.
- TypeScript and Node.js for our backend.
- Git for controlling change.
- Postgres for our persistent storage.
- Docker to package our services into containers.
- AWS for deployment, specifically ECS, ECR, RDS, Fargate and
- Terraform to define our Infrastructure as Code.
We know confidence gaps and imposter syndrome can get in the way of
meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply -
we'd love to hear from you.
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: eHire, San Jose , Technical Lead - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!