Principal Software Engineer - FPGA Prototyping Platform Compiler Team (R34188/as)
Company: Cadence Design Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want
to make an impact on the world of technology.
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to
make an impact on the world of technology.
Protium Prototyping Platform is part of the Cadence Dynamic Duo
that has been a huge success with our customers. With Cadence -
Protium--- prototyping platforms, design and verification teams can
rapidly bring up a prototype and provide a pre-silicon platform for
early software development, system validation, and hardware
As part of the Compiler team you would be responsible in adding
compelling feature and improving performance of the Protium
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible in design and
development of new features and algorithms to improve the Protium
The Principal Software Engineer will accomplish this by interacting
with team spread across different geographies. The candidate is
also expected work with technical support lead and key customers to
resolve implementation or usage issues. You will be a key member of
an R&D team in the field of EDA algorithmic software
development for FPGAs. You will be working with a dream team on
providing a breakthrough solution in the multi FPGA prototyping
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or similar
- A minimum of at least 6 years of relevant industry experience
in algorithmic software development for FPGAs
- Strong desire and ability to work in a fast-paced startup
- Eagerness to learn and master new technologies and build the
best systems possible.
- Very strong development experience in a general-purpose
language (e.g. C++, C#, Java)
- Strong CS fundamentals background in data structures,
- Experience in logic optimization, compilation of RTL memory
models, Arithmetic Operators, optimizing the mapped elements based
on area/delay tradeoffs.
- Ability and desire to work on all parts of the stack
(algorithms, databases, UI) and revisit traditional synthesis and
optimization algorithms using emerging technologies in machine
learning and big data
- Knowledge of Logic Simulators and exposure to multi-threaded /
concurrent programming are pluses.
- An incredible desire for quality and perfection... and the
judgement to temper it when necessary to ship.
- A healthy sense of fun! We're doing work that matters. Help us
solve what others can't.
Keywords: Cadence Design Systems, San Jose , Principal Software Engineer - FPGA Prototyping Platform Compiler Team (R34188/as), IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!