Senior Systems Software Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations
manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to
back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data
against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we're encouraged to think
big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers.
Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep
We've been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are
prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN's Coolest
We are looking to hire a Performance Linux engineer to work along
our product performance team to fine tune and optimize Linux stack
to better use the resources.
- This role requires an energetic, creative, and driven
individual with excellent communication, organization, and
technical skills to partner with various organizations.
- In this role, you will be responsible for driving performance
improvements in Linux and SpanOS stack.
Performance Engineer Responsibilities
- Drive performance analysis and optimization across the stack to
optimize resource usage in areas including compute, memory,
network, and storage.
- Work with product and infrastructure teams to debug performance
issues across the stack.
- Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product
- Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Comfortable with scripting, debugging and problem solving.
- Expertise in Linux kernel is a must
- 7+ years work experience in a software/embedded software
- Exposure to C/C++, Golang programming languages.
- Experience with shipping enterprise products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and hands on knowledge of
profiling/debugging tools such as DTrace, gdb, perf, or
- Experience with profiling and tracing tools such as Systrace,
perf, eBPF, CPU profilers.
- Experience with modern Linux systems and systems programming
concepts like C, sockets, virtual memory, and the process life
- Willing to get into the trenches to complete tasks hands
- Steadfast pursuit of excellent execution
Data Privacy Notice For Job Candidates
For information on personal data processing, please see our Privacy
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity
or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category
protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or firstname.lastname@example.org for
Cohesity requires all employees who enter its U.S. offices to be
fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide
documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law
regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not
vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability
or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply
to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity
Keywords: Cohesity, San Jose , Senior Systems Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!