Database Administrator - Fully Remote
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Stable and growing company with excellent Benefits, Competitive
Compensation and a stellar team!This Jobot Job is hosted by Ba
TranAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button
and sending us your resume.Salary $140,000 - $170,000 per yearA Bit
About UsWe are growing exponentially and have been recognized as
one of the top companies within our industry 3 years in a row! An
accomplishment that we are very proud of and can attribute this to
our exemplary employees and leadership team. With growth, comes
opportunity to continue to really strengthen our infrastructure. We
are hiring for several fully remote positions at this time. Feel
free to apply and speak to us about what opportunities you could be
a great match for!Why join us?
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Stable, long term, stability
- Join a well established team who is invested in your growth and
- Substantial growth in their business Nationwide
- Rewarding work and responsibilitiesJob Details
- Identifies, defines, and assesses the properties and
specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS)
to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Defines a logical database structure for application
development based on the organizational structure of the
- Manages Database Administration on Production Servers with
server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with
outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Defines and executes procedures for testing and implementing
new applications in the database environment.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to data
security and integrity.
- Performs business analysis and writes effective documentation
and specifications. Develops, implements, and monitors access
policies, limiting database access on a need-related basis.
- Develops, maintains, and controls additional corporate data
libraries specific to the organization, industry, or locality.
- Ensures project and department milestones and goals are met on
time and within budget.
- Assesses current and projected database performance and
recommends changes and enhancements.
- Creates and implements Disaster Recovery Planning and Security
- Drafts training documentation and guidelines for analysts and
- Resolves data conflicts for matters such as naming conventions,
data privacy, and data ownership.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices
in DBMS and related technology.
- Implements the SQL Server mechanisms like FTS, MDS, online
indexing, filegroups, security principals and Service Broker.
- Supports Production Databases on call if needed.
- Mentors team members and write documentation regarding feedback
and performance.Techinical Skills
- Expert in T-SQL writing stored procedures and functions.
- Expert in Backup Utility/Recovery, TSQL, Visio.
- Expert in data transformation services and Bulk Loads with SSIS
and ETL operations.
- Proficient in SQL Server configuration, migrations/updates, and
managing SQL Server security.
- Familiar with Linked Servers.
- Familiar with batch processes, import, export, backup, database
monitoring tools and application support.
- Familiar with Mongo or other non-MS SQL databases
- Familiar with Kendal data warehouse design.
- Familiar with Analysis Services (SSAS) Tabular.
- Familiar using DMVs and dynamic management functions.
- Familiar with NoSQL.
- Familiar with DevOps.
- Familiar with Azure.
- Familiar with PowerShell.
- Ability to work on logical and physical data base modeling with
UML and ERWIN tools.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, San Jose , Database Administrator - Fully Remote, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!