Kiosk Manager (Costco Channel)
Company: Wireless Advocates
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job Locations: US-CA-San Jose Mission:Wireless Advocates is a
leading provider of wireless products and services both online and
in nearly 700 retail locations nationwide. Together with the top
wireless carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile) and manufacturers
(Apple, Samsung, Google) - our knowledgeable team of wireless
experts are here to help people connect.
At Wireless Advocates, we continuously engage with the top wireless
manufacturers, providers and channel partners to bring you the very
best deals in wireless products and services. The goal - to make
purchasing wireless simpler. By partnering with all the major
carriers and manufacturers, we're able to provide our customers a
full range of wireless choices and the unbiased consultation they
need to select the device and plan that's best for
them.Responsibilities:As a Kiosk Manager, you will be serving one
of the nation's leading retailers. You'll work closely with your
team to deliver outstanding sales results (both on a personal and
team level), operational excellence and an exceptional member
experience. From driving daily sales performance to meeting
operational standards, you'll identify areas for improvement and,
working with your District Manager and HR business partner as
necessary, respond quickly to close the gaps. And, with the same
focus, you'll celebrate success to reinforce your team's effort and
accomplishments.This is an exciting opportunity in a retail space
that is primed for massive growth now that 5G is here. We hold a
unique advantage in that we're able to offer all of the latest
devices and plans from Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile/Sprint.
These roles come with full benefits and excellent pay - with base,
bonus and commissions, our managers are averaging $23/hr and our
top performers are averaging $42/hr and higher.Are You The Right
Type of Leader?You are the type of manager who others want to work
for. You exhibit high levels of professionalism, set a good example
with your own behavior and hold team members accountable for doing
the same. You take pride in a well-maintained location and in
providing exceptional member service. You establish and maintain
effective working relationships with your team, peers, manager and
Costco personnel. You communicate expectations and hold your team
members accountable.ResponsibilitiesManages the successful
operation of a Wireless Advocates-branded kiosk within a Costco
location with employees. The Kiosk Manager is responsible for
recruiting new team members as necessary and ensuring that the
location is properly staffed at all times. The Kiosk Manager is
also responsible for achieving personal and team sales/profit
contribution goals and meeting all operational standards, including
staff training and development, employee engagement and retention,
customer experience, loss prevention, safety, kiosk maintenance and
team professionalism. Since this is a retail position, the Kiosk
Manager is expected to work all required shifts on Friday, Saturday
- Models appropriate, professional behavior consistent with the
company's guiding principles and key tenets and holds team members
accountable for the same.
- Communicates all relevant information in a timely manner (i.e.
promotions, inventory, etc.).
- Ensures all sales, operational and other SOPs standards are met
and that all applicable SOPS are consistently executed.
- Maintains an engaging work environment for our employees and
the members we serve through effective coaching and critical
- Communicates relevant information to team members in a timely
and effective manner, including holding daily sales huddles.
- Proactively identifies and addresses performance gaps.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with
carrier reps and general management.
- Responds timely to customers, company employees and host store
personnel, and ensures team members do the same; swiftly addresses
member escalations.Sales Performance
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales and performance
expectations in each location, including personal and team sales
- Ensures consistent execution of the company's GUESTS sales
process by self and team members.
- Utilizes available reports/metrics to monitor performance and
build individual development plans.
- Holds team members accountable to all performance standards,
minimizing or eliminating performance gaps with a sense of urgency,
and partners with his/her District Manager and/or HR business
partner as appropriate.Operational Performance
- Ensures that the kiosk is clean and well-maintained at all
times, that all pricing is current and accurate, that all POP is
timely and accurately displayed and all required display fixtures
- Enforces safety procedures.
- Consistently meets or exceeds, and holds team accountable for
meeting or exceeding, all operational standards.
- Quality of Sale.
- Adherence to published work schedules, meal breaks and
- Safety and Training compliance.
- Inventory control.Recruiting and Scheduling
- In partnership with District Manager, recruits new team members
consistent with core headcount budget to maintain a fully-staffed
- Writes compliant schedules for team members.
- Ensures adequate coverage in order to prevent unstaffed
- 2+ years of experience working in a retail and/or customer
service environment and at least 1 year managing others (commission
sales experience a plus).
- Established reputation for honest/ethical leadership and
leading by example.
- Is customer obsessed.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; strong
attention to detail.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, have crucial
conversations and uphold company policies and operating
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Well-developed ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong knowledge of common business applications (Web browsers,
Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied shifts
that include evenings, weekends and holidays.Competencies
- Customer focus
- Ensures accountability
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Attracts top talentWe've Got You Covered!At Wireless Advocates,
we are committed to providing our team with the support and
resources to succeed in their career, as well as exceptional
benefits for a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings including 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation Time
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program 100% company paid
- Life Insurance Policy 100% company paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dealer Line Discounts on Phone PlansWireless Advocates is an
equal opportunity employer, we encourage and support diversity in
the workplace.To find out more about us, visit our website at:
Keywords: Wireless Advocates, San Jose , Kiosk Manager (Costco Channel), IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!