Software Engineer - Data Stream
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey! Role The Splunk Messaging as
a Service (MaaS) team is responsible for providing enabling
technology that powers messaging, queueing and streaming for
several products in the cloud and on-prem. You will be part of the
team and work with other team members, engineering and Product
Management to plan, develop and deliver various features and
- Design technical implementations for new features in Apache
Pulsar. Implement new features &test & analyze performance of
existing and new features. You'll help identify and fix bugs
discovered during use and/or testing
- You'll be writing unit tests, integration tests and
collaborating with the Quality Assurance team to ensure features
- You'll collaborate and coordinate with Product Management team
to implement features or fix bugs
- Innovate and contribute to product road map
- We hope that you have a passion for mentoring as you'll have
the opportunity to lead software architecture and design processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's
degree; or equivalent practical experience;
- Ability to own a set of product/service features, connectors,
tests and/or modules using primarily Java on Apache Pulsar
infrastructure in Linux environment.
- Excellent Java skills with distributed systems design and
knowledge of OO programming practices.
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker and
- Strong knowledge of shell scripts and/or Python.
- Expert knowledge with the Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of docker/Kubernetes frameworks.
- Excellent solid understanding of Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ, or
- In-depth understanding of modern SQL, NoSQL or NewSQL
- Strong knowledge on code repository and/or automation server
- Validated skills in load testing, performance tuning,
monitoring and measuring.
- Very clear computer science fundamentals, data structure
knowledge and software engineering principles.
- Passion for solving hard problems and exploring new
- Excellent Team player with good communication and documentation
skills. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job
positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required,
we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Software Engineer - Data Stream, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!