Technical Support Engineer - San Jose, CA USA
Company: Venus Concept Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Technical Support Engineer - San Jose, CA USA
Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: San Jose, California
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Technical Support
Engineer to join our growing team! Reporting to the Senior Manager,
Technical Support & FSE, the Technical Support Engineer is
responsible for phone support for customers, Field Service
Engineers, Training, and Sales during ARTAS installation, service
and clinical cases. Professionally answer incoming calls,
understand the customer's needs and their environment to resolve
issues. Understand processes and make recommendations to improve
overall team efficiency and provide a superior level of customer
support and satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Provide technical phone support to customers and field
personnel including Sales, Service, Training, etc.
- Quickly become knowledgeable on policies, processes and
procedures; as well as knowledge of products and pricing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex robotic problems using remote
diagnostics or over the phone. Some on-site or in- house service
support may be required.
- Record requests for service and actions taken using both
computerized and manual documentation systems in order to provide
historical service records, identify trends, make recommendations
and forward product complaints.
- Write service bulletins to inform field personnel on general
product releases, processes, and how to perform upgrades, installs
- Drive resolution of all system performance issues until
acceptable solution is identified and implemented or it is
determined to escalate call.
- Facilitate technical support requests from Field Service
- Responsible for opening, entering, processing and tracking of
all cases loaded onto SalesForce.
- Develop training materials and classes targeted for Field
Service Engineers and international distributors.
- Provide feedback to engineering groups regarding system
reliability, customer experience and potential anomalies.
- Provide logistical support for shipping parts to the
- Ensure processes are in place in accordance with FDA
- Be able to have a flexible work schedule, including on-call
What you will need:
- Associate degree in electronic, computer, mechanical or
biomedical engineering with applicable work experience required or
bachelor's degree would be considered an asset.
- 2+ years' prior technical support or field service experience,
installation and troubleshooting complex electronic equipment or
equivalent; experience in medical device industry or comparable
capital equipment industry preferred.
- Medical device experience regarding record keeping and
regulatory requirements, FDA 21 CFR compliance desirable.
- Systems engineering experience in medical capital equipment and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Must have exemplary customer relationship management
- Possess strong electrical, mechanical, computer H/W & S/W
understanding and aptitude.
- Ability to travel and cross territories on short
- Availability and flexibility to work after hours and weekends
when needed during peak times.
What you will be part of - our Venus Concept Culture
Venus Concept believes in pushing boundaries while embracing
creativity and innovation. Our employees are a critical part of our
company's performance and are at the core of its success. At Venus
Concept, we rely on our employees, customers, and network of
industry professionals around the world to continuously improve and
Deliver the Promise. In order to do that, we ensure that everyone
operates with the same values and vision. At Venus Concept, we
promise to give you Endless Opportunities, allow you to Foster
Innovation and be part of Delivering a Best-In-Class Offering.
Venus Concept is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified
individuals. Venus Concept is committed to accommodating persons
with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for
qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment
About Venus Concept
Venus Concept is an innovative global medical aesthetic technology
leader with a broad product portfolio of minimally invasive and
non-invasive medical aesthetic and hair restoration technologies
and reach in over 60 countries and 21 direct markets. Venus Concept
focuses its product sales strategy on a subscription-based business
model in North America and in its well-established direct global
markets. Venus Concept's product portfolio consists of aesthetic
device platforms, including Venus Versa, Venus Legacy, Venus
Velocity, Venus Fiore, Venus Viva, Venus Freeze Plus, Venus Heal,
Venus Glow, Venus Bliss, Venus Epileve and Venus Viva MD. Venus
Concept's hair restoration systems includes NeoGraft, an automated
hair restoration system that facilitates the harvesting of
follicles during a FUE process and the ARTAS and ARTAS iX Robotic
Hair Restoration systems, which harvest follicular units directly
from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary
algorithms. Venus Concept has been backed by leading healthcare
industry growth equity investors including EW Healthcare Partners
(formerly Essex Woodlands), HealthQuest Capital, Longitude Capital
Management, and Aperture Venture Partners. For more information,
please visit www.venusconcept.com.
Keywords: Venus Concept Inc., San Jose , Technical Support Engineer - San Jose, CA USA, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!